Being a parent is always stressful enough if you can’t check your baby every minute. However, a baby monitor can give you peace of mind by enabling you to keep a watchful eye on your little one from a distance.
Thanks to the inventor of the baby monitor!
But, if you want the best baby monitor, you’d need to pay hundreds of dollars. Fortunately, many cost-effective options will do the job well.
I understand that some of the parents are on a budget. For that reason, I have included some great budget value baby monitors in this review.
No worry, this list of the five best affordable baby monitors includes branded units that will fulfill all of your childcare requirements and allow you to always know what is going on.
IN A HURRY? HERE’S OUR TOP PICKS…
5 Best Affordable Baby Monitor in 2022
1. VTech Wireless Video Monitor
- 💖 Best-in-class Battery Life and Range - With up to 19 hours of video streaming on a single charge, this system lets you monitor your baby throughout the night easily. During the day, this monitor system's dependable long operation range up to 1,000 feet, lets you go about your day and stays connected with your baby from another room or even from the yard.
- 💖Privacy Guaranteed. No Wi-Fi or App Pairing - Trusted by US families for more than 3 decades, each VTech monitor is transmitted via secured internal 2.4GHz channel with FHSS technology, so you can rest assured that you're the only one who can hear and see your baby.
- 💖 2.8" Display Seeing Your Baby in Full Sight Day and Night - The 2.8" display shows your adorable baby's body in full view - no movement is over-sighted. Need more detail? The camera zooms up to 2 times.
- 💖 Soothing Lullabies and 2-Way Talk - Gently lull your baby to sleep with 2 calming melodies and 2 sets of ambient sound. Besides, this system supports 2-way talk back, lets your baby to hear the sound of your voice no matter where you are.
- 💖 Auto-on Screen and Sound Indications - Understand that your rest is as important as your baby's, the monitor's screen can be turn off and the sound be muted to let you the silence needed and to save power. Be rest assured that while it is off, it is still monitoring the baby in the background. When it picks up any sound over your VOX settings, the screen will automatically turn back on. The 3-level sound indicator on the parent unit can let you visually alerted when baby is crying.
Let’s enter the budget market with this VTech Wireless Video Baby Monitor, one of the best budget baby monitors on this list.
The VTech brand is certainly a trustworthy brand for specialized, quality monitoring products, and VTech Wireless Video Baby Monitor is no exception. It offers you many useful features that set it apart from many alternatives at this price range.
Firstly, this updated video monitor comes with a 2.8-inch color LCD that lets you see your baby’s entire body. It is inaugurated with 2.4Ghz FHSS technology to ensure stable and high definition streaming interference-free connection.
Secondly, the two-way talk-back intercom function allows you to chat with the little angel all the time. What’s more, you can soothe your baby by remote control soothing lullaby songs.
Importantly, the unit features automatic night vision. So, no matter it’s day or night, you can monitor your baby 24 hours a day. One of this device’s advantages is that the monitor will automatically activate the night-vision option when it’s dark.
Furthermore, it’s a VOX mode baby monitor. Its power-saving design and voice activation feature turns off the screen automatically but keep the audio continuously on. No worry! The screen turns on automatically again when the camera detects a baby cry.
Of course, this allows you to provide a comfortable environment for your baby. VTech baby monitor has temperature monitoring and alarm setting functions. So, you can check the temperature of your baby’s room when needed.
Overall, it is a good option for many parents looking for a handy baby monitor at an affordable price.
- Excellent screen quality.
- The camera is easy to adjust.
- Easy to set up, you just need to plug in and turn on the device.
- The parent unit is small and lightweight and easy to carry throughout the house to keep an eye on your baby.
- Monitors can only be manually move
2. GoodBaby Baby Monitor
- Full Viewing Control: Kidsneed baby monitor with camera is combined with 355°horizontal angle & 115°vertical rotation range create a full room view. Remote pan and tilt easily with the parent unit. At the touch of a button, you can zoom in with the 2x digital zoom function and watch your baby more closely. On the high-resolution screen of the baby monitor, you can clearly see every small movement of your baby. The 3.5 inch screen can fully capture the entire picture of the baby
- Two Way Talk & Temperature Alarm:Baby monitor with camera and audio support sensitive microphone, advanced 2-way communication technology. Bring you and your baby a clear and smooth audio conversation. You could operate the baby monitor from a distance, with the lullabies to soothe your baby and help him fall into a sweet dream. The temperature sensor detects the temperature in your baby's room to provide the most comfortable scene.
- Baby Monitor with Night Vision：Equipped with infrared lights and a sensor, this video baby monitor automatically turns into black-white night vision when it detects low light. I know you miss your baby all the time,this baby monitor with camera and night vision helps you to see your sweet baby at night.
- Encrypted Secure & Long Range Signal Coverage：Using the latest 2.4GHZ FHSS wireless technology( no WiFi required), this baby monitor camera keeps the privacy of your baby protected from hackers. 300m long-range signal coverage, allows you to happily cook downstairs, enjoy the sun by the pool. Kidsneed smart baby monitor is undoubtedly the best gift for new parents.
- Smart VOX Mode: In VOX mode, the screen of the baby monitor will sleep to save power. Once a sound is detected, the screen will be activated automatically, you don’t have to stare at the screen all the time, you will have more private time to focus on what you love, such as doing yoga, watching TV, or even enjoying a couple of drinks with your husband, brings you a lot of fun.
The GoodBaby Baby Monitor is perhaps one of the best remote control baby monitors you’re ever likely to encounter. And while it does come with an affordable price tag to match, it’s certainly an excellent investment for most parents.
This is not only a baby monitor; it also acts as a security camera. This camera lets you monitor your home at a wide-angle. With its 90-degree vertical and 355-degree horizontal rotation range, you can view any angle of your home.
The camera offers superb image quality. And the resolution on this monitor is top-of-the-line.
Furthermore, it supports IR night vision that offers a clear view even at night. That means you’ll have 24/7 full monitoring to protect your family.
In summary, This Baby Monitor is a great security camera at a great price. It’s the top option to choose if you’re looking for an affordable wireless baby monitor that won’t let you down.
- No specific display is required.
- Quick set up and easy to operate.
- It has motion detection which you can adjust how sensitive you want it to be or turn it off completely.
- You can rotate the camera and be able to zoom in and out.
- Pictures could be clearer
3. VTech DM111 Audio Monitor
- Best-in-class Long Range ** The VTech DM111 Audio Baby Monitor's dependable long operation range covers up to 1,000 feet, lets you go about your day and stays connected with your baby from another room or even from the yard
- Upgraded Rechargeable Battery ** Parent Unit includes a built-in rechargeable battery that supports up to 8 hours of portable operation. With the belt clip, the Parent Unit can be attached to your pocket or shirt
- Easy Set-up Plug & Play ** Simply connecting power for both units and allow 1-min for the units to link to each other
- Easy to Use ** The speaker volume on the parent unit is easily controlled by pressing the up or down arrow keys. When the parent unit is in mute, the visual sound indicator will still indicate the sound detected from the baby unit
- 5-level Sound Indicator ** A set of five LED lights on the parent unit indicates the level of sound in your baby's room so you can visually monitor noise level with the receiver muted
For baby monitor audio only, it’s hard to find a better product than the VTech DM111. It’s one of the best cheap baby monitors and a perfect parent companion to monitor your baby.
This child audio monitor uses DECT6.0 digital technology that gives a superior range (1000 ft.) The incredible clear audio transmission makes it perfect to hear your little angel 100% of the time.
The parent unit features an excellent 5-level LED sound indicator that helps parents monitor the noise level when the device is muted visually. What’s more, the parent unit of VTech DM111 has a belt clip that lets the parent clip it to his/her belt to enhance its usability.
To sum up, to make your baby’s audio monitoring hassle-free, this VTech baby monitor DM111 is second to none.
- Clear sound, no background noise.
- Reliable audio connections.
- Convenient to use.
- Battery runs down very quickly.
4. Anmeate monitor
- High quality color screen: This unique baby monitor features a High Resolution Display with 2x zoom magnification for comprehensive coverage. The 2.4” screen can deliver streaming live view whenever you check in.
- High definition night vision & temperature monitoring: This baby monitor with camera has 8 infrared LED Lights and could constantly monitor babies’ activities. Other built-in features include automatic night vision and temperature monitoring.
- Two way talking & long transmission range: The video monitor covers a transmission range of up to 960 feet.You could play 4 soothing lullaby songs or use the two-way talk back intercom function to comfort your babies.
- Easy installation & high capacity battery: Simply plug in camera and monitor to use this magic baby monitor! The Li-ion battery is 950mAh and lasts 8 hours in eco mode.
- Wide variety of extra handy features: Our baby monitor with camera and audio also comes with: Eco Mode Voice Activation, Sound Activated LED Indicators, Alarm/Timer Setting, 2x Digital Zoom with Digital Image Pan/Tilt option, Multi-Camera Expandability (up to four cameras), Lullabies, Manual Pan (360 degrees) & Tilt (60 degrees), Auto Scan View, Tabletop or Wall Mounting Options.
Next, we have this excellent baby monitor equipped with all the features of an expensive model but for an affordable price. Anmeate baby monitor is perhaps one of the best budget baby monitors you’re ever likely to come across.
Its long-range transmission and 2.4-inch high-definition color display present the live performance of your baby from a long distance. The clear infrared night vision ensures a high visual ability even at night.
It provides you with easy connection, real-time video, and voice. So, you can monitor your baby in real-time without any delay. The two-way talk function lets you talk and soothe your baby with your comforting voice. It’s convenient for taking care and talking to the elders as well.
Additionally, it makes excellent use of 360-degree rotating and manually adjustable shaft. It’s very easy to rotate and monitor your baby from any angle.
This baby monitor also features a temperature sensor that helps you observe the room temperature all day long without worries. What’s more, the device is power-saving and sound-activated. That means the screen will automatically turn on/ off when the unit detects sound/ no sound.
Finally, you can pair up to 4 cameras in different rooms, making your parenting easier.
- Sound is loud and clear, you can easily adjust the volume up/down.
- The monitor is small and can fit in your pocket and has a stand you can use to place on a table or counter.
- Battery lasts a long time.
- Long operating range.
- Sleek & power-saving design.
- It doesn’t do fancy things like pan around the room, but it can zoom.
5. HelloBaby Infant monitor
- SPUER CLEAR VIDEO SOUND & 2.4GHZ CONNECT - The video baby monitor has great video and sound. Night vision video is clear in white & black. Baby monitors are using enhanced 2.4GHZ wireless technology which prevent signal drop outs, range up to 960ft without barriers
- PLUG AND PLAY & EXPANDABLE TO 4 CAMERAS - Baby camera is plug and play, no set up required. One parent unit monitor can be paired with 4 child unit cameras. (One monitor and one camera included) You could take care all of your kids with one monitor
- LARGE CAPACITY BATTERY & VOX MODE - Baby call monitoring last 12 hours with VOX-on (power saving mode), 8 hours with screen-on. VOX mode is power saving mode with sound activated, you could focus on your things until the monitor is activated by child unit sound
- IMPRESSIVE MULTIFUNCTIONAL FEATURES - Temperature monitoring and warning; Two-way talk; Optical pan and tilt; Sound activated Led indicator; Screen-off audio only mode; 2X digital zoom; 8 levels Alarms, lullabies playing
- WARRANTY - One year warranty included. We are happy to help you solve any problem, please feel free to contact us. Buy with confidence, Click Add to Cart Now
HelloBaby Infant baby monitor is a great assistance to take good care of your family. Many great features, along with the 2.4-inch display, safe and long-distance connection, and night vision, make it very useful for busy parents.
You can easily pair the parent and baby unit with each other through a secure independent frequency. It’s the best way to protect your baby’s safety and privacy. Unlike WiFi connected and APP required monitor, this one has no way for someone to hack and connect to see your baby.
It offers a long transmitting range up to 960 feet that enable you to monitor your baby from anywhere- inside or outside of your home. The versatile mounting option lets you mount the camera on the wall above the crib or a desk.
Day and night, this baby monitor will never let you miss a moment to get along with your little angel. Thanks to the 2.4 inch LCD screen provides a crystal clear, large view. The built-in IR LED lights allow you to see your baby’s details clearly even in the dark night.
This device comes with two-way audio and lullabies. Its built-in advanced speaker and microphone offer clear two-way audio conversations. Play lullabies or talk back promptly to soothe your baby when crying.
Importantly, this eco mode baby monitor is great for saving battery life. The screen turns off when your baby doesn’t make any sound. It activates again if the device detects any sound. It’s a nice option to help you sleep better in quiet.
This device lets you pair with up to four cameras in different rooms synced to one monitor screen when it comes to expandability. This feature helps you save your money and allows you to monitor your twins or the others that you care about simultaneously.
Overall, HelloBaby Infant baby monitor is a high-tech monitoring system that will make life comfortable for your baby. Feel safe around your house if you are not in with this best budget video baby monitor.
- Noise reduction and power saving design.
- High-quality picture and sound.
- Safe and long-distance connection.NO Need to connect to the internet.
- The camera has a tilt selection while in zoom so you can move it left or right if needed.
- Since, the camera is USB powered, you can use a very long Micro USB cable to connect the camera if needed.
- Poor battery life.
Is Buying a Cheap Baby Monitor Worth It?
Will an inexpensive baby monitor work well? Is it reliable? Will it last long?
Having questions like these is quite natural when you want the best for your baby but are also constrained by budget. So here’s what I realized after researching about a bunch of budget-friendly baby monitors:
Not all cheap baby monitors are great, but some are worth their salt. These monitors offer all the basic features you’ll need to keep a good eye on your baby. These features include interference-free connection, decent video quality, data encryption, and talk-back intercom.
The manufacturers haven’t compromised with the build quality and user-friendliness to cut costs. You can tell that by the looks of it. These monitors are easy to install too. Moreover, if it accidentally gets damaged, it won’t hurt you that bad. On the other hand, repairing a hi-tech baby monitor could be expensive after the warranty period.
You will be disappointed if you expect it to perform like a high-end model. Although both expensive and cheap models might share common features, there will be a noticeable difference in the quality of those features.
For instance, high-end models generally provide a higher video resolution than most inexpensive baby monitors. That’s a fact.
The bottom line is that cheap baby monitors are worth buying as long as they have all the features to ensure your baby’s safety. If you spend enough time researching, you will find a product that delivers incredible performance at a reasonable price.
We’ve compiled this list of the best budget baby monitors based on their performance, functionality, quality, and price. So, you can pick them confidently.
I hope any of these baby monitors help you to keep a watchful eye on your baby without the conventional fuss involved in the process of child care.
Cheap products always are not of poor quality.
Admittedly, you won’t get a lot of advanced features from these inexpensive devices. But these budget-friendly baby monitors will work well for a long time without breaking your budget.