Since you have landed on this page, we safely assume that you are either a new parent or looking for a perfect gift for a newborn. A baby jumper is the best thing you can give a child who has just turned 4 to 6 months old. Kids are full of energy. They are always kicking around, crawling, and whatnot. With a baby jumper, they can focus their never-ending energy on a healthy daily exercise.
Meanwhile, did you know that your munchkin will be easier to put to sleep if they are engaged in a physical activity like this?
Moreover, this will also spare you some time to enjoy a cup of coffee or try the new lasagna recipe you just read on the internet. Being new parents at some point in our lives, we know how challenging it can be to choose the best baby jumper. We have all been there.
So using our personal experience and hours of relentless research, we have narrowed down your options to 9 products. So without any further ado, let’s get down to their in-depth reviews, shall we?
Don’t you have enough time to check out the whole list?
IN A HURRY? HERE’S OUR TOP PICKS…
Reviews of the 9 Best Baby Jumpers in 2022
- Activity center with exciting lights, sounds and music that reward your baby's every jump
- Infant jumper with 360 degrees of play, including peek-a-boo tiger, bat-at monkey, rattle lizard, and more
- 3 adjustable height positions to grow with your baby (Max. height 32 in/ 81 cm)
- Sturdy, freestanding frame; no doorway required! Plus, fabric spring covers keep little fingers safe
- Soft, comfy seat pad is machine washable and dryer safe. Legs of frame fold for easy storage.
For the littlest of munchkins who can hardly walk, let alone climb out, you can give the Rainforest Jumper a try. And for every jump, your child is treated to a light and music show which would make them beam like nothing else. You will find this jumper equipped with whatever your baby needs to play.
Their grabby hands can reach for the dangling toys that hang from the overhead leaves. And a toy bar is set to the side with a couple of woodland spinners and a squirrel roller ball. Don’t worry. The toy bar is soft-sided so that the edges won’t cut into their tender skin. The seat opens at the top and rotates 360 degrees as well.
The toys are positioned at five areas in a circle. Your child can reach for any of them while playing in the jumper. They can also activate the lights and music by spinning a drum. Or you can also set it to start after every four minutes.
Your child can alternate between jumping and playing at their leisure. Except for nap hours and feeding time, this would mostly keep them content and occupied while you get the other stuff done.
But there is an age limit to it. Make sure that your child can hold their head up at least. Probably 4 to 5 months would be great. And the jumper does come apart. But it doesn’t fully fold. Just set it up wherever you can; keep an eye on them while working.
- Easy to clean.
- Comes with lights and music.
- Soft spring covers do not pinch their fingers.
- The seat adjusts in height to accommodate the child as they grow.
- We’ve had zero issues with this jumper.
- 10+ Fun Activities: So much for baby to do! Activities stimulate ﬁne motor skills, hand-eye coordination and core muscle development for wiggly, giggle learning fun
Your baby still has a lot to learn, starting with motor skills to cause and effect. While we all like to spoil our baby, buying a jumper with every growth spurt is not that lucrative. The Evenflo jumper can be adjusted to three levels according to your child’s height. Only when your baby is grown up and can stand flat-footed do you have to discard it. But you can put this one at the lowest setting and place your 4-month-old in it.
Meanwhile, the tender muscles of your baby need lots of exercise and grooming. Perhaps more than you can provide at one massage a day. The jumper helps develop the legs, neck, and back muscles. Your child can spin around, rock themselves, and jump, having fun all through.
The jumper is also littered with toys that help to foster their hand-eye coordination, object permanence, and exploration. It also helps in improving self-awareness. It also comes with lights and sounds, which keeps your excitable child occupied and awed.
The lightweight jumper can be moved from room to room. You don’t have to choose between your child’s happiness and safety.
But there is a tiny bit of plastic that sticks out at the bottom. Cover it up somehow if you go for this model, or your baby might get scratched. Moreover, due to its lightweight, it can sometimes tip over.
- Has three height settings.
- Helps in exercising the muscles.
- Helps in psychological growth.
- Lightweight and can be carried easily.
- Comes with lights and music.
- Bit of plastic sticking out can be unsafe.
- Provides baby with secure learn and play environment
- 58 fun learning activities help babies achieve important developmental milestones
- Bounce base gives baby a soft landing pad that promotes stability in early development
- Physical exercise to develop baby's neck, back and leg muscles and improve gross motor skills
- Take with me toys provide for customizable learn and play experience;Gender:Boys, Girls
This model of the Evenflo jumper comes with 58 learning activities, which boosts your child’s development similarly. It’s like the best jumper activity center for babies. It also emphasizes the safety of your child. The jumper provides a double bounce with the help of a soft landing pad. This offers more stability, and you can work without constantly supervising your child every single minute.
The springs are strong enough and put up with a lot of abuse. Your baby can exert as much force as they can without damaging the mechanism. And they can bounce as high as they want to and can.
And if you want to put them to sleep without the usual fuss, this will tire them out. The lights and music are soothing as well.
The toys are removable. This makes nap time and feeding times easier when your child is entranced by one toy or the other and does not want to leave it behind. The seat is also removable and machine washable.
The jumper takes up a lot of space. So it is not really the best baby jumper for your small space. But while this might seem like a disadvantage, it is actually helpful. Due to the larger size, it does not tip over very easily, if at all. But it is not very portable either. The mechanism once set up will not unscrew very easily. So you have to find a more or less permanent corner for this.
Our suggestion is to choose a spot where you spend the most time. It could be your office or the kitchen, or the living room. Don’t put it in the nursery, or you will have to limit the amount of time your baby can play on it.
- Stable and safe.
- Has 58 learning activities.
- Provides two times bounce.
- 3-Adjustment height position.
- The seat swivels so that baby can control the direction he/she wishes to view or the toys to play.
- You can not easily move the jumper from room to room. You can turn it sideways and maneuver it through doorways, but don’t expect to be moving it very often.
- Find FUN with Nemo and his fishy friends.
- Detachable Tad, Pearl and Mr. Ray toys
- 13+ interactive activities with lights, songs and sounds
- Adjusts to 4 different positions to grow with baby
- Seat rotates 360-degrees for magic in every direction
If your baby smiles the brightest and claps the loudest while watching Finding Nemo, get them this Nemo-themed jumper. It comes complete with ocean sounds and dancing lights to give off an underwater vibe.
Different Nemo characters like Bruce the shark and squirt and Mr. Ray play the role of different toys. There are more than 13 toys and activities included in the jumper. This event consists of a teether for them to gnaw on when bored.
There is a puffer fish-shaped mirror included to help in self-awareness as well. Nothing delights babies more than their own reflection. Some of the toys like Tad and Pearl can be removed if needed. Why end the fun only while playing! More or less, it can help keep your baby entertained for a long, long while in the midst of ocean life.
The seat rotates in a circle, and the back is high. This helps support your baby completely and adds to their support while using the jumper. It also has four height adjustments, unlike the previous products, which only had three.
But the recommended age limit is from 6 to 12 months. So if your child is younger than that, wait a little before you buy it or till they are old enough. But metal brackets can cut into the nylon straps and jeopardize safety. So watch out for that while buying.
- Nemo themed jumper.
- Ocean sounds and dancing lights.
- Nemo characters as toys.
- High backed seat.
- Four height adjustments.
- Minimum age limit is 6 months.
- Straps can break off.
- Designed in collaboration with a pediatrician, our baby activity center supports a “whole body” approach to play and learning. Our unique Discovery Window lets baby see their feet while they play to learn cause and effect
- Easy to assemble, with toys that can be positioned anywhere for baby, it features a 360-degree rotating seat that turns and stretches for bouncing
- As baby grows, our activity center converts for easy cruising—ultimately becoming a clean, sturdy table for coloring, playing and more
- Three stages of use: Sit, swivel, bounce & play; Cruise & interact; Play table; 25 plus developmental activities
- Clip-on toys can be positioned based on baby’s abilities
A truly modern baby jumper, the Skip Hop and Explore will last long after your baby outgrows the use of a jumper. You can convert this into your child’s first work table for coloring and playing, and more. You won’t be left feeling nostalgic and reluctant to set it aside when your baby begins to walk. The material is sturdy, and the seat swivels 360 degrees. But before that, it is just as fun as a jumper.
You can place the toys anywhere you wish to as it is convenient to assemble.
There is also a Discovery Window included. Instead of jumping blindly, your baby can actually see their feet while making the move. Apart from this, there are more than 25 developmental activities included as well.
The piano lights up and can be played in three modes: a song, piano, and motion sensor settings. While the first two are exciting, the last one will delight your baby more than anything. The songs are an exciting collection to which your child can clap and bounce.
But the pop-up owl toy can be a safety hazard. If you think it is not entirely child-friendly, remove it before letting your child play. The seat stretches when your baby jumps. But there are no springs attached to it. So it is not a traditional jumper.
- Doubles as a play table.
- Sturdy material.
- Easy to assemble.
- Includes a Discovery window.
- The seat rotates 360 degrees.
- The seat does not have springs.
- PORTABLE ACTIVITY CENTER: The Summer Pop ‘N Jump unfolds in seconds so you can keep baby happy at home, or bring it with you anywhere you go.
- ALL-IN-ONE: The space saver portable jumper is designed for indoor and outdoor use and features three levels of height adjustment to grow with baby.
- CANOPY AND TOYS: Play in the shade with Pop ‘N Jump’s removeable canopy! Little ones will love the toys, including a spinner ball, rattle, teether and mirror book.
- EASY CLEANUP: The activity jumper support seat can be easily removed and machine washed, making cleanup a breeze.
- COMPACT FOLD: With an innovative pop and fold design, lightweight Pop ‘N Jump sets up fast and easy and packs up into the included travel bag with shoulder strap.
If you want a jumper to pack up and take to the beach, you can look into the Summer Infant Pop N’ Jump. The jumper is foldable and portable, and designed for outdoors. It also comes with a UV canopy so that even the hottest day does not harm the delicate skin of your baby.
It also has a carry bag you can fold it into. You can even take this to picnics and set your baby up for some fun time of their own. Adult talk can be a little boring, after all.
It includes a mirror that can keep them occupied for hours. It also has a teether and a rattle. You can adjust the height to find one which suits your baby the best. But while they can carry the mirror book away, the rattle is fixed to the jumper. If your baby loves the rattle more, it can be hard to lure them away.
However, the best part has to be that you can use it right out of the box.
There is no need to spend ages figuring out how to set it up while your baby grows fussier.
This is not designed for babies who have not yet learned to support their own weight. We would recommend a minimum age limit of 6 months for this. The bottom layer has a few slits, which cause their feet to contact the ground. Just place a towel over it to protect their feet.
- Foldable and portable.
- Comes with UV canopy.
- Adjustable height.
- Contains a mirror book.
- Can be used right out of the box.
- Slits in the bottom layer.
- Sturdy bounce spring with hidden safety cord for nonstop little leg action and jumping joy
- Keep doorways mark free with our no-mark clamp because fun should be the only lasting impression
- Easily transports from room to room so that your baby can play anywhere you need to be
- Seat pad is easily machine washable, or wiped clean, to save you time
- Non-twist straps allow quick, easy in and out so you can move baby quickly from room to room
The larger problem of being a stay-at-home father is the absolute shortage of ideas when it comes to keeping your toddler engaged. The Graco Doorway Bumper Jumper is a great product to have around the house to keep your toddler occupied. The product is made of polyester, which ensures steady support and durability. The product is ideal for kids who are allergic to insects like bees and stay indoors most of the time.
The jumper can be attached to doorways, and I have noticed that the clamps do not leave a mark on the wood. The product’s portability is one of its key features and one that the product swears by. On the safety front, the product comes with a hidden safety cord that ensures that your child does not fall off while jumping his heart out.
The seat pad can be detached and washed as per convenience. The washable seat ensures hygiene when your kid’s playmates join him. Another unique feature about the product is the non-twistable straps that last for long periods and do not fray easily.
Another impressive feature that the product has is the attached toys. Personal experience has taught us that children are easily distracted, and the toys help go a long way in keeping them distracted. The toy trays, along with the soft toys, ensure that my son stays entertained. As far as jumpers go, this could well be the best baby jumpers 2021.
- Attached interactive soft toys.
- Easy to take down and put back up.
- No springs or anything that could pinch your baby’s fingers (the spring is above baby, where he/she cannot reach).
- Easy to adjust, just slide the tab up or down.
- The straps may be too short for some doors.
- Jumping Fun: Helps develop core muscles and provides entertainment and exercise without taking up floor space
- Easy-To-Use Clamp: Attaches to most interior doorways with molding. No tools are required making it easy to move from room to room
- Adjustable Straps: Easily customize the height for your child
- Great for Travel: The quick set up and portability make this item terrific for day trips or vacations
- Easy to Clean: Wipeable and machine-washable fabrics and toys are a convenience you'll love
If you want a cheap and profitable baby jumper, the Evenflo Exersaucer door jumper is for you. It provides baby entertainment and exercise without taking up all your floor space.
The jumper is made from a quality, bright material, and it is sewn securely with no missing or broken stitches. It is padded around all the edges to protect your baby’s little arms, and the seats are also deeper than many I’ve seen, so no matter how excited your baby will get, they will still safe tuck inside.
ASTM International, which stands for the American Society for Testing and Materials, has certified this product.
Moreover, the jumper is perfect as an infant jumper for your baby who is about four months of age to walking age. You can also adjust the jumper’s height according to your baby’s growth.
- You can take apart the entire jumper quick and wash with soap and water.
- Very lightweight and easy to set up.
- Putting baby in and out is pretty easy.
- The only downside is that the drywall gets tore up a little from where the jumper mounts.
9. Jolly Jumper
- ACTIVE BABY – The standing jumper helps infants improve balance, develop coordination and rhythm, as well as strengthens muscles.
- EASY STORAGE – The 6 foot extra tall, sturdy frame requires no tools for assembly and folds flat for easy storage and portability of the Jolly Jumper.
- FREE STANDING – The stand eliminates the need for doorways and allows the baby exerciser to be used indoor or outdoor
- SAFETY & SUPPORT – The saddle seat is designed to firmly support baby's spine, ensuring correct, upright posture during exercise.
- JUMP & PLAY- Watch as your baby bounces up and down with complete freedom of movement. The spring action is ideal for active babies who want more bounce and fun.
One of the reasons I have invested in Jolly Jumper products over the years is that they have established themselves as a dependable brand for baby jumpers. The newest offering combines the best technology that the makers have to offer. The current version of the product allows me to use it indoors and outdoors.
Unlike a few other variants, which require a door frame to support the jumper, this product comes in with its own stands. If you have a one-year-old, who can get a bit roughed up while jumping, it is essential that the product is stable. The tripod stand ensures greater stability. Apart from providing a stable frame, the tripod can easily be folded up and stored away or moved around the house.
Since the model comes with its frame, you would not need to worry about blocked doorways. However, the product’s unique selling point has to be the saddle seats. We have noticed a lot of jumpers that use well-padded seats but are essentially unbalanced.
The seat of the Jolly Jumper helps distribute tension evenly and ensures that my child’s posture is upright and no undue pressure is placed on the spine.
We have found that the judicious use of the Jolly Jumper strengthens children’s muscles and helps them develop correct posture. While we found it difficult to deal with the harness since it has a lot of locks, we are certainly not complaining since it ensures better safety. The Jolly Jumper, with its steady reputation and consistent performance, makes it one of the great baby jumpers on the market right now.
- Easy assembly without tools.
- Saddle seat.
- Can be used both indoors and outdoors.
- Tripod frame.
- Easily portable.
- Some people may have problems with the harness.
Types Of Baby Jumpers Available in the Market
A stationary jumper consists of a seat, an elastic cord, and a sturdy frame. These jumpers are pretty simple in design and do not contain extra toys. A stationary jumper gives no additional entertainment to your baby. They almost only give the ability to jump, and that’s it.
Stationary Activity Jumper
Activity jumpers consist of a seat, a frame, and a tray, usually filled with toys. The purposes of these toys are to make your baby entertained when they are not in the mood for jumping up and down.
The door jumpers are always hanging on doorways. They have an elastic cable and a clamp at the end to attach the door frame. They can easily be removed from one place to another place.
Some Benefit Of having A Baby Jumper:
- A baby jumper is a great fun activity tool that helps to keep your baby entertains.
- Baby jumpers have developmental and educational benefits.
- It helps your baby to release some energy which means that they will sleep easily and comfortably at night.
- Allows you to enjoy a cup of coffee or pay some attention to your other kids.
- Will help to keeps your children away from all the electronic gadgets, as ( I phone, Ipad, and television).
How To Choose The Best Baby Jumper
Choose to purchase the perfect baby jumper for your loving baby; you need to have a particular idea about what you need to consider comparing the product. You’ll consult some necessary things below to find the best one for your little one.
Every baby jumper product model includes a suggested weight limit. Hence, when buying a baby jumper, be sure to confirm your baby’s weight. If you fail to confirm these weight limits might lead to the baby jumper breaking and injuring your baby.
Babies don’t remain the same size; they will grow day by day. In that case, you should choose a baby jumper that will grow with your baby.
Ease of Cleaning:
A removable and washable baby jumper is easy to clean.
Includes interactive toys and activities:
Most baby jumpers are well designed with some fun toys that help keep your baby entertained. So when you choose a jumper for your baby, you should keep the number and sort of toys your baby prefers in mind.
But you have to make sure that there aren’t too many toys that distract your child to keep playing and overuse the jumper. Some jumpers even make it easy to remove, customize, and modify the number and sort of attached toys. Therefore, you will easily make your jumper as your baby likes.
Remember that you should not choose jumpers with seats equipped with a single flexible strap. A single strap will swing left to right a lot, which can cause baby injury. A good jumper will have two or more elastic straps that will assist in keeping your baby in place while he jumps up and down.
A comfortable seat that easily removes is what you should expect in a baby jumper. A luxury soft seat with adjustable heights will also accommodate your baby’s growth.
Easy to transport:
Some baby jumpers are very lightweight and easy to set up. So, whenever you go outside of the house, you will be able to take the jumper with you.
If your house is short on spaces, you have to look for a jumper that can easily disassemble. Therefore, you can easily break it down to store it whenever you don’t use the jumper. Then, If you want to use it again in the future, you can also build it up.
Baby Jumper Frequently Asks Questions (FAQs) :
When can babies use jumpers?
Usually, babies can use jumpers at around 4 to 5 months of age. It should be considered on the ability to hold their head up and whether or not their toes can touch the ground.
What is the weight limit of a baby jumper?
Baby jumpers have included weight limit, which varies from model to model. It’s important to check the weight manually when buying a baby jumper.
As a broad guideline, both the stationary jumper’s and also the doorway jumper weight limit is usually around 25lbs (11.36kg).
Do baby jumpers help with leg development?
It is a myth that baby jumpers help develop your baby’s leg muscles and motor coordination. There are two different answers from 2 sites.
Many experts believe that baby jumpers delay a baby’s walking process, and they recommend using the jumper for 20 min per day.
But many mothers report that their baby bounced with joy each day and learned to walk independently without any problems. So at the end of the day, you decide whether a baby jumper is appropriate for your baby or not.
Are baby jumpers really safe?
The answer is yes, as long as you follow the instructions carefully.
Doorway Jumpers Safety concern:
- Select a door frame that can support the weight of the jumper and baby. Be sure that the upper frame of your door is sturdy- not cracked, crumbling or otherwise damaged.
- Ensure your baby is securely fitted and strapped into the harness, so they won’t fall out while jumping.
- Check the laces regularly to confirm they are not worn and will not snap under the baby’s weight.
- Don’t push or pull the jumper while a child is in it.
- When you see the baby is tired take out from the jumper.
Both Stationary Jumper safety concern:
- Don’t attach toys with strings to the jumper as these are a strangulation hazard.
- Always try to keep the floor clean.
- Don’t try to use a jumper near stairs, pools or other hazardous areas.
- Place the baby activity jumper on a flat, level floor.
- Once your baby exceeds the weight and height limit stop using the jumper.
- You should not leave the room when the baby is jumping.
- Do not use the jumper longer than 20 min a day.
Need more safety guidance on the baby jumper? Check this Baby jumper safety.
Needless to say that the first thing you should look for in a baby jumper is safety measures. The design should be convenient and secure for babies who haven’t learned to walk yet. The Rainforest Jumper is one of the best baby jumper 2021 in today’s market, for it lived up to our super high standards without burning a hole in the pocket.
Be it safety considerations, comfort, and ease of use; this model stands out as our Editor’s pick. But if you are on a budget and looking for more interesting yet highly secure designs, there’s something in store for everyone on our list.
You may also like: