Are you the parents who need to work long days or travel a lot?
If â€œYES,â€ then to remain connected with your little one, a simple-to-operate, compact and portable baby monitor can be the best option.
However, only a reliable travel baby monitor can ensure that you securely keep a watchful eye on your baby anytime when you need to step away for a moment.
But finding the best baby monitor for travel in all aspects isnâ€™t an easy task.
The following list and review will help you a lot to find the right one to make your parenting easier.
In a hurry?
Hereâ€™s a glimpse of the 10 best travel baby monitor you can get.
|1500 ft.||13 hours|
|4,000 miles||No Battery Required|
|1000 ft.||18 hours|
|960 ft.||12 hours|
|Unlimited||No Battery Required|
10 Best Baby Monitor for Travel 2022
1.Panasonic Video Baby Monitor
If youâ€™re looking for a complete video baby monitoring system, this is it. This monitor has everything to provide you the ultimate peace of mind while your little one sleeps and you spend a lot of time outside or another room.
First of all, it offers you interference-free audio/video signal strength up to 1500 ft. So, you can keep tabs on your child from outside the home. Again, it comes with a 3.5 in color monitor that features a monochrome night vision camera.
One of the advantages of this wall mounted camera is you can control it remotely. You can tilt, pan or zoom it right from the monitor to see your baby anytime. Moreover, you can expand the system up to four cameras., making it an ideal monitor for twins also.
Another standout feature is its smart sensors. Its sound and motion sensor allows you to know whether your baby is awake or crying. Furthermore, the temperature sensor alerts you if babyâ€™s room temperature goes below or above the range your set.
Of course, it lets you customize the motion, sound, and temperature as you required. Also, it has a 2-way baby/ parent talk feature. Thus, you can listen or soothe your baby with noise reduction. Additionally, there are speakers and microphones in the video camera.
Finally, its built-in rechargeable battery works up to 13 hours of standby time & 5 hours of continuous use.
- Easy to use.
- Great video and audio quality.
- Handy to carry around monitor with a kickstand.
- Battery power lasts a long time.
- Has number of built-in-lullabies.
- You can customize the alerts (sound & vibration).
- The monitor doesnâ€™t have a beep or alert if signal is lost so it is harder to know if you have lost connection in the night.
2.Evoz Wireless Baby Monitor
Hereâ€™s an excellent wireless video baby monitor from the popular brand Evoz. The unit is built with parents in mind and comes with all of the key features youâ€™d hope to see.
The first thing you would like is its HD wide-angle lens and IR LEDs that let you view your little one clearly from anywhere both day and night.
Again, the unit is the iPhone and Android device compatible. So, you can watch your baby virtually from anyplace.
Whatâ€™s more, the camera software is completely secure as it offers you the full control of who is allowed to view the monitor.
This high-quality baby monitor inaugurates with:
- Data tracking and record keeping technology- that automatically collect room data and babyâ€™s crying. It also allows the parents to set the schedule for sleep, changing and feedings.
- Graphical & raw data format export feature- let you easily share data with doctors. You have the option to access tailored parenting advice based on collected data patterns and childâ€™s age.
- Cry detection patented technology- This feature distinguishes baby cries from other noises. And it also notifies you with email, SMS or push alerts. Not only that, when the cry is detected, the video monitor captures the image with night vision so that you can access it later.
Amazing! Isnâ€™t it?
The best part of this product is you can conveniently access helpful parenting tips, tricks, and videos from your mobile device. Definitely, these tips will help you a bunch!
With this fantastic unit, you can also soothe and calm your little one from anywhere by playing lullabies, music and even audiobooks.
When it comes to design, this baby monitor comes with a sleek appearance, easy wall mounting system, and a stable base.
Itâ€™s really a great product overall.
- Compact and easy to travel with & set up anywhere.
- Can handle everything direct from the phone.
- With the app you able to track baby’s feeding schedule, sleep, crying,Â etc.
- You can share the camera view with family member.
- HD quality video.
- Safe and secure to use.
- The app is sometimes crashy.
3.VTech DM221 Audio Baby Monitor
If youâ€™re looking for the best audio baby monitor for travel, then this top-performing unit is here.
What makes it so great is that itâ€™s built specifically for parents who need to carry the parent unit everywhere without the hassle of holding it. Additionally, the compact size and belt clip on the parent unit makes it perfect for travel.
The 160 feet indoor and 1000 feet outdoor operating range, and cordless feature is just perfect for the mom who travels frequently. Of course, the rechargeable unit let the parent unit to monitor your baby up to 18 hours on a single charge.
Moreover, with this baby monitor youâ€™ll enjoy these benefits:
- Clear audio transmission- The digital audio technology also helps to eliminate the crackle of the analog models.
- Two- way talk back intercom- It lets you talk to your baby
- Five-level sound indicator– It notifies you the babyâ€™s cries from the other room. Itâ€™s definitely a great for peace of mind when youâ€™re far away from your baby.
Vtech DM221 offers you clear sound along with better talk-back functionality than many video monitors available in the market. Whatâ€™s more, the baby unit features a soft night-light for your baby room.
Finally, donâ€™t be a fool with its affordable price. Although it comes with a pocket-friendly price, you can rely on its quality.
For various basic features like good battery life, cordless and reasonable price, this monitor easily beats out its many audio-only competitors too.
- Secure and crystal clear Transmission.
- Has a nightlight so you can feed your baby at night without any disturbance.
- Lightweight and portable parent unit.
- Easy to read backlit display.
- Affordable price.
- Some users complain that the battery doesn’t last long.
4.Hello Baby Wireless Video Baby Monitor
Hello Baby Wireless Video Baby Monitor can be one of the best picks to get through your working hours or full night with less stress and more relaxed. Not only is the Hello Baby monitor very affordable but itâ€™s also the best video baby monitor for travel.
This video monitor offers you the following features and benefits-
- Crystal Clear Day Video & night vision- This wireless video monitor enables you to keep an eye on your little one by providing a crystal clear image. Its automatic night vision allows you to see your baby overnight.
- Infrared LEDs- It automatically adjusts the light and transmits a clear white & black video even at the low light condition.
- 4GHZ wireless technology- This advanced feature offers up to 960ft without barriers and prevents signal drop out.
- Portable Handheld Monitor– let the parents move freely throughout the home and at the same time keep the baby in view.
- Two-way Talk â€“ While your baby is crying, you can talk back to comfort him/ her.
- Sound Activated LEDs Indicator- When you have the volume turned down, this feature let you see the sound of your baby voice alerting.
- Screen off mode- This feature helps you reduce battery consumption up to 50%. You can turn on the display if you need to check your baby.
- Audio only mode- If you want, you can turn off the video and the audio-only mode still allow you to hear your baby.
But, this is not the end.
Its excellent parent unit is able to pair with up to 4 cameras. Whatâ€™s more, this unit also features temperature monitoring and warning, optical pan and tilt, lullabies playing, and 2X digital zoom.
Overall, to ensure the maximum comfort and safety, this unit is second to none.
- No set up required.
- Impressive multifunctional features.
- Power saving and versatile.
- Very clear sound.
- Some users complaint that the audio volume is quite low.
5.Lollipop Baby Camera Monitor
If youâ€™re looking for something smart in place of the old-fashioned baby monitor, then this Lollipop Baby Camera is only for you. Itâ€™s a great looking, well-built Wi-Fi monitor that comes with tons of great features.
In fact, it comes with unique Lollipop Camera design which is like giving candy to a baby. Additionally, itâ€™s a high-quality, remarkable video monitor to check in on your baby properly.
This unit is constructed of baby-safe, premium grade silicone and features high-quality, made-in-Japan lens. Moreover, itâ€™s available in three cute colors.
The major features and benefits that this unit offers are:
- True Crying Detection- Youâ€™ll no more be frustrated by false alarm anymore. This unit is able to recognize 96% noise and real crying.
- Multiple Screen – You may control and view multiple lollipop monitors simultaneously.
- Unique Audio Mode & alarm system- Its audio mode let you monitor your baby overnight. It also alarms you when disconnected.
Itâ€™s worth noting that, the unit is very easy to set up. You can attach it to the wall, secure it to the crib or stand it up on the flat surface.
It comes with a built-in sound feature, so you can play classical music or calming white noise to soothe your little one.
Finally, parents will also be benefitted from its other features such as live view, cross detection, data history, sharing, and event list.
All in all, itâ€™s pretty amazing how advanced this monitor has come.
- Clear camera to see baby during the day and night.
- Easy to move & can be place anywhere.
- Very easy to set up.
- Multi cameras view.
- Unlimited Live Feed watch time.
- No extra cloud service fee.
- Some parents have complained that the app is glitchy.
6.Motorola MBP164CONNECT Baby Monitor
We consider Motorola MBP164CONNECT the best baby monitor for travel available due to its wide range of features.
This model lets you stay connected while you’re home and from anywhere in the world.
Yes, you’ve heard that right!
Firstly, a 900 feet radio range gives you ears in your nursery, even when you have to leave your baby a little further away.
Secondly, no matter where you are in the world- you can stay connected with your little one. Conveniently, you can control all audio monitor functions through your compatible tablet or smartphone over a Wi-Fi connection.
The nice thing is it’s compatible with the Hubble app. This feature allows you to track sound activity away from home. Plus, it offers you more analysis of your babyâ€™s development and sleep pattern.
But that’s barely half of it. It offers you more.
Plug and Play design-This simple solution is easy to set up. The “Plug and Play” design makes it perfect for travel. Simply plug the intercom monitor and parent unit into any electrical sockets. It requires no cords at all.
Two-way talk & integrated speakers– You can also speak to your toddler via your compatible smartphone or parent unit. Moreover, your baby can hear you clearly through integrated speakers.
High-sensitivity microphone- It’ll alert you whenever the monitors detect even the slightest sounds in your baby’s room.
Built-in nightlight- The warm glow of the nightlight will comfort your baby in the dark. Conveniently, you can ON or OFF the nightlight through your compatible smartphone or designated parent unit.
To summarize, Motorola baby monitor MBP164CONNECT is extremely useful and affordable. Itâ€™s a must-have for parent on-the-go.
- Listen and control option from anywhere.
- Dual monitoring capability.
- Powered by a rechargeable battery.
- Sound activity tracking.
- Voice recording option.
- Green and red sound level indicator lights.
- The “parent” unit beeps continuously when it can’t communicate with the nursery unit, which may wake everyone up at night.
7.Safety 1st HD Wi-Fi Baby Monitor
This HD baby monitor camera is a complete 24-hour activity monitoring system. It’ll offer you monitoring versatility, better video quality, and overall enhanced security.
There are a lot of advantages to using this two-piece monitoring system. First of all, it lets you stay connected with your little angel where ever you go. You can not only hear but also see with this baby monitor camera.
The Wi-Fi baby monitor offers stream HD video. A 130-degree wide-angle view minimizes blind spots and lets you see the entire room easily without tilting or panning.
There is no worry about monitoring your baby in the dark. Even at night, this monitor provides high-quality footage up to 15 feet for peace of mind. Thanks to its infrared ultra-clear night vision. Of course, it uses less Data and Wi-Fi for more reliable video streaming.
Additionally, the smart audio unit helps you keep a constant ear on your baby.Â The streams crystal clear audio sound alerts you both noise and motion activity.
Conveniently, the audio unit works directly with the camera. So, you can use your smartphone whenever you want to see the live video of your little one. No additional handheld needed.
One more thing worth pointing out is the customizable sensitivity alerts. You can control the sensitivity of your baby’s motion and sound notifications sent to your phone.
It boasts a few additional features, including:
Built-in encryption chip– For the utmost security, it sets up a firewall between the camera and your home’s internet. Thus it provides extra protection.
Multiple cameras compatibility- Itâ€™s expandable for use with an unlimited number of cameras. So you can monitor your little ones from other rooms as well.
Two-way talk- This feature lets you soothe your baby from everywhere.
Video recording and sharing- This model has the ability to save and share images and videos directly from the app.
Overall, it’s a great quality Wi-Fi monitor with many bells and whistles and a must-have for working parents.
- Sleek-looking camera and a low-profile audio unit.
- Both Android and iPhone compatibility.
- Up to 12+ hours extended battery life.
- Quick and easy set up.
- Free cloud storage and 24-hour event-based timeline.
- Light ring for indicating sound or motion detection.
- The bright blue light on the camera may keep your baby wake up at night.
- Few parents have complained about frequent loss connections.
8.Motorola Peekaboo Video Baby
Are you tech-savvy busy parents? Looking for the best portable travel video baby monitor for the money?
Then, Peekaboo from Motorola will fit the bill nicely.
The Motorola Peekaboo is your EARS and EYES in your babyâ€™s room. It helps you to rest assured what’s is going on at home while you’re away.
You can watch the live video stream of your little ones anytime through your smart devices. Thanks to its wireless security camera, which works perfectly with the Hubble app.
What stands out?
The 360-degree pan scan feature lets you oversee every corner of the room on your smart device. Thanks to its digital tilt and zoom that helps you to get a close-up view.
It is equipped with night vision. Additionally, it records and streams in full HD 1080p quality- regardless of the lighting.
Night light with 7 different colors- It helps to soothe your baby to fall asleep.
Temperature sensor– It tracks the room’s temperature and reports on your smartphone.
Real-time alerts- Notify you when any sound or motion is detected in the room and helps you stay on top of your baby’s movement.
Two-way talk feature- You can communicate with your baby whenever you please. The high-quality speaker clearly transmits your voice as if you were in the room with your little one.
High sensitivity microphone– It picks up even the slightest sound in your home.
This model also comes equipped with soothing sounds and relaxing lullabies to make sleep time more enjoyable for your little angel.
You can also record your voice and play it through the speaker. This feature also useful for reminding the teens about their chores or your elderly ones to take their medicine.
- Clear, crisp and high-quality images.
- Compatible with virtual assistants.
- Wi-Fi connectivity for on-the-go viewing.
- Downloadable Hubble for parenting support.
- True color ï¬lter for color correction in low light.
- Secure and private connection.
- No setup instructions.
9.Babysense Video Baby Monitor
Here’s another excellent video baby monitor with a camera and audio. Despite its affordable price tag, Babysense portable video baby monitor comes with a myriad of handy features to match the high-end models.
This baby monitor provides a long-range up to 900 feet in open space. The best aspect is you don’t require any Wi-Fi. That means NO HACKING RISKS.
It offers crystal clear digital vision & sound. The 2.4-inch color screen provides stable and high-quality streaming. Of course, you can move the camera to within 360-degrees of itself with a 60-degree tilt.
Conveniently, the 2x digital zoom allows you to watch your baby more closely.
Letâ€™s get down to more features:
Sound activated power saving mode- The monitor will only turn on when it detects sounds. Thus, this feature saves battery power.
Multiple cameras compatibility– It can pair with up to four cameras at a time.
Two-way audio and the pre-programmed lullabies– You can talk to your little one through the monitor or switch lullaby to comfort him.
Auto Infrared night vision- It automatically detects the dim light and provides clear video even in the dark. So, you can check your little ones even at night.
Temperature sensor- Let you check the temperature in your babyâ€™s room and make use of low/ high-temperature alerts.
Although this model has few flaws, for the price, these are to be expected. All in all, it’s a cost-effective solution to keep eyes on your baby whenever you please.
This is the best baby monitor for travel what youâ€™re looking for!
- Secure and private connection.
- Crystal clear sound quality.
- High-quality LCD screen.
- Out of range and low battery warning.
- Economical and portable.
- Tabletop or wall mounting options.
- Come with built-in support stand for parent’s unit.
- 1-year manufacturer’s warranty.
- Short power cord.
10.VTech DM1111 Digital Audio Monitor
If affordability matters significantly on your search for a new baby monitor, you must like the price tag of this model from VTech.
This digital audio baby monitor offers a superior range up to 1500 feet. So, you’ll enjoy more peace of mind or take rest without feeling disconnected from your infant.
The DECT 6.0 digital technology eliminates annoying background noise and provides clear audio transmission. It’s so clear that you can even hear your baby’s breathing.
Importantly, it’s secure enough to give you an encrypted audio connection.
Sounds impressive, right? There is more.
5-level sound indicator on the parent unit– It allows you to visually monitor the level of sound even when the unit is muted.
Belt clip- It lets you attach the parent unit to your pocket, belt or shirt and makes it hands-free to move from room to room.
To sum up, VTech DM1111 is an excellent purchase if you’re on a tight budget but want to hear your baby while doing something or whatever the cases. This basic audio monitor is not bad for the price.
- Clear, static-free sound.
- Very lightweight.
- Simple design.
- Safe to use.
- Very affordable and reliable.
- It doesn’t work for two-way communication.
What You Should Look For In a Monitor for Travelling?
Weâ€™ve done the hard work for you. But you still need to make some decisions on your own. This simple guide will explain what you should look for in the best baby monitor for travelling before making that final purchase.
One of the main factors to consider while buying a baby monitor for travel is the range. In fact, itâ€™s the biggest concerns for parents that the monitor is going out of range. If you need to spend a lot of time outside or have a large home, consider a long-range monitor.
The second important factor is the size of the unit. If you travel a lot, heavy and large size unit can be difficult to move. So, a compact, lightweight and portable baby monitor may be the best choice for you.
- Battery Life
This factor determines how long you can carry the unit around before having to plug it in to charge. Battery life declines over time, and this is a common problem among baby monitors. So, traveller parents should emphasize on this issue. However, the audio-only mode is a great option to prolong battery life.
Besides basic functionality, some models also come with extra features. Talk-back, night light, smartphone access, Wi fi capabilities are some of them. These additional features will definitely help you to make your parenting easier.
Undoubtedly, a travel- friendly video monitor is the best choice over an audio-only baby monitor for busy parents, but video monitors come with a higher price tag. On the otherhand, cheap video monitors tend to be very low quality. If youâ€™re on a limited budget, well-built audio- only monitor can be the best value for you.
Wi-Fi or Non-W-Fi Baby Monitors- Which One Is Better for Traveling?
If you travel a lot with your baby, it will be easier for you to carry a simple, straightforward and compact-sized baby monitor. I personally prefer monitors that wirelessly transmits data to the receiver using a secure 2.4 GHz frequency.
The connection is interference free and I also get a great range of 500-900 feet (depending on the model). Itâ€™s extremely difficult, rather almost impossible to hack a wireless connection. So when I am staying in a hotel, I can have peace of my mind knowing that my babyâ€™s privacy is secure.
However, these devices suffer from limitations like short battery life and limited range. If you wish to relax and hang out outside the hotel area while keeping an eye on your baby in the hotel room, youâ€™ll need something more advanced.
Thatâ€™s when a Wi-Fi monitor comes into the picture. You can watch the live feed of your babyâ€™s activity on your smartphone or tablet from anywhere. You can record and save the footage on the cloud and access it anytime, from any device. The display and sound are generally much better in Wi-Fi devices. Hi-definition footage is the key strength of these baby monitors.
However, Wi-Fi monitors are not practical if you donâ€™t get a secure, lag-free internet connection in the hotel or wherever you are staying. You should also secure the connection with a strong password and keep changing it from time to time to prevent hacking. As long as connection strength, stability, and security wonâ€™t be an issue, Wi-Fi monitors would be the best option for traveling purpose.
Conclusion & Editor Choice
All the above-reviewed best baby monitor for travel will not only give your little one the best care possible but also give you peace of mind.
So, picking the winner from the list was tough. However, considering all the features and price, weâ€™ve concluded that Panasonic Video Baby Monitor is the best baby monitor overall.
Why do we say soâ€¦?
Well, you can use this unit both indoors and outdoors without any trouble. It comes with an impressive long range and long battery life to let parents live their lives and still know their little one is safe and content.
Considering all the features that this baby monitor has to offer, can you really afford not to acquire this unit?
No more worry! Pick any of the listed best travel baby monitor! Go out and still check in on your baby properly.