It’s twins! Congratulations!
Twins mean double the joy for everyone. It’s also double the trouble. There are two things in life, for which we are never indeed prepared: twins! (Josh Billings).
Now, you’re wondering about the best products, including the best baby monitor for your little treasure’s room, to keep an eye on them all the time. Right?
A monitor will give you peace of mind to see or even hear your children when you are no longer in the same room.
Sounds great. Isn’t it?
But the problem is finding out the best baby monitor for twins from many options.
Here are some best-quality baby monitors she can consider to make things easier for a working mom who doesn’t have the luxury of time to choose among the vast array of these helpful devices.
Hopefully, this will make your decision a bit easier and get the best value for your hard-earned money.
IN A HURRY? HERE’S OUR TOP PICKS…
7 Best Baby Monitor For Twins 2022
To help you make an informed choice, we have put together a list of the top-rated baby monitors for twins & two rooms based on performance, functionality, quality, durability, price, user recommendations, and more.
So enjoy the reading.
- 2020 Award Winner: Babylist Best Baby Monitors Of 2020 *(Awarded On January 8, 2020)
- Perfect Size & Weight Ratio - No Large Batteries To Power Energy-Hungry Large Screens. The Dxr-8 Is Light-Weight And Portable, Designed For True Mobility Around The House. 10-Hr Battery Life On Power-Saving Mode, 6-Hr With Screen On.Care & Cleaning: Spot or Wipe Clean
- Full Viewing Control - The Dxr-8 Is A Baby Monitor With Camera Features Such As Pan/Tilt/Digital Zoom And Interchangeable Lens. Fit The Zoom Lens To See Even Closer, Or Zoom Out With The Wide Angle Lens. Expandable Up To 4 Cameras
- Robust And Mature Hardware - The Dxr-8 Is Fine Tuned And Refined Over Years Of Iteration From Feedback Of Real Users. Trusted By Over A Million Parents, Our Award Winning Monitor Is Backed By Vigorous Testing And Quality Control
- Range Up to 700 feet (line of sight, no obstruction)
If you’re planning to keep both of your babies in the same room, then Infant Optics DXR-8 is for you. This monitor allows you to get a panoramic view so that you can observe every area of your nursery. You can also make it move horizontally and vertically as well. Think of it as a “robot” monitor.
From the design perspective, the DXR-8 comes with a camera and a screen, of course. The camera has a fascinating circular construction composed of 8 LED sensors. It ensures a higher level of visibility during the night. On the other side, the 3.5-inch LCD monitor is very compact and provides crystal clear images.
Now let’s talk about the performance. This unit is, first of all, really secure in terms of privacy because it uses 2.4GHz FHSS wireless transmissions. So, you shouldn’t stress about anything. Moreover, its interchangeable optical lens capability allows you to have a clear sign of what your baby is doing.
We also want to inform you that the unit is expandable to up to 4 cameras which are impressive in our opinion. Ohh, don’t forget to consider the Infant Optics Add-On Camera Unit For DXR-8 if you plan to keep your babies in different rooms. Another great thing about this monitor is its room temperature sensor. So, you can know what the temperature in your baby’s room is.
As the manufacturer claims, the monitor’s battery life is 8 hours when it is continuously on and 12 hours in power save mode. However, take in mind this may vary. But either way, it’ll serve you just fine. To conclude, the Infant optics DXR-8 is worthy of considering, and if you ever decide to purchase it, you’ll be more than satisfied with its performance.
- It works just like a professional camera system.
- Sleek and compact design with sound-activated lights and retractable antenna.
- Plug and play – no setup is required at all.
- The “OK” button due to strange reason is set on the top right instead of the center. But don’t worry, you’ll be getting used to it.
- This configuration includes one parent unit (monitor) and two baby units (cameras)
- When you charge the battery pack initially or it has not been used for a long period of time, charge it for 12 hours continuously. It takes longer to charge the battery when the parent unit is turned on.
- High resolution 2.8" color LCD screen - never miss your baby's smile
- Automatic IR night vision - view your baby at night without disturbing them
- Comfort your infant with the 2-way talk-back intercom or choose to play one of five preset lullabies
If you’re looking for a way to stay connected to your little angels from up to 1,000 feet distance, then this baby monitor with night vision and two cameras can be an excellent option for you. Not only that, you can observe your babies even at night in a dark room without disturbing them.
Its eight infrared LED’s, along with its high-resolution, 2.8-inch color LCD screen, automatically detect dim light that provides a clear vision even in dark rooms. One of the nice features of this unit is that it uses DECT 6.0 digital technology to hear every tiny giggle, gurgle, and hiccup of your babies. Moreover, the system is expandable to support up to 4 baby units. Its full-motion dynamic video with up to 22 frames per second lets you watch your baby’s every movement.
Moreover, it’s undoubtedly one of the best baby monitors for two rooms or four rooms too. It supports 4-cameras that include dual views, a single view, and the quad view split screen that allows you to view four rooms simultaneously. We want to add its built-in talk-back intercom with the 6-level sound indicator on the portable parent unit. It’s a convenient feature to comfort your babies from any other room.
To conclude, the product is cheap in price but not cheap in quality!
- Easy to set-up and wall- mountable. You can quickly change the setting of the camera, so your little ones are always in full view.
- Five in-built calming lullabies charm your babies to fall asleep.
- The room temperature sensor allows you to know the temperature of your treasurer’s room.
- Some users complained that the parent monitor doesn’t stay charged for a very long period.
- HAVE A PEACE OF MIND – Our Baby Monitor with Two supplied Cameras allows monitoring your babies sleep with the advanced 2.4 Inch High Quality Color LCD Display, coupled with Enhanced 2.4GHz FHSS Technology. Babysense baby video monitor provides high quality and stable streaming, secure hacking-free connection and crystal clear digital vision & sound. Get the original video monitor by Babysense - your baby deserves the best care.
- COMFORT YOUR BABY WHEN NEEDED – Relax additionally knowing that our baby camera monitor allows for a flawless two way talk back communication. Comfort your baby with the sound of your own voice, sometimes our little angels just need to hear our voice!
- STAY CONNECTED TO YOUR BABY – Are you looking for video baby monitors with long range? Move freely in your house or yard as the Babysense portable baby monitor features long range of up to 900 feet (OPEN SPACE) with an out-of-range warning. And when you want to help your angel fall asleep faster without you being there, just make use of our pre-installed lullabies, played directly on the baby camera.
- SEE YOUR BABY DAY AND NIGHT – We use the latest infrared night vision technologies so you can rest assured knowing you’ll see your baby day and night with this video monitor. And with the 2x digital zoom you will never have any doubts about your baby’s activities. Besides the auto night vision, you can also check the room temperature and make use of high/low temperature alerts.
- WIDE VARIETY OF EXTRA HANDY FEATURES – Our audio video baby monitor is a perfect idea for baby gifts and baby showers - It comes with: Eco Mode Voice Activation, Sound Activated LEDs, Alarm/Timer Setting, Multi-Camera Expandability (up to four cameras), Manual Pan (360 degrees) & Tilt (60 degrees), Auto Camera Scan View, Tabletop or Wall Mounting Options. Our original Babysense video baby monitor comes with a 1-YEAR Manufacturer's Warranty and hassle-free 90-DAY MONEY BACK GUARANTEE!
Next up on our list is Babysense with two digital cameras, one of the most inexpensive baby monitors on the market today. Babysense monitors developed and produced by Hisense Ltd company are proven and trusted worldwide for those who don’t know.
When it comes to buying a high-quality, long-range video baby monitor, you should consider babysense. This monitor lets you maintain a private and secure connection and hear your little angels with crystal clear sound quality at all times from about 900 ft. distance.
Its 2.4-inch color LCD screen integrates with 2.4GHz FHSS technology, ensuring secure interference-free connection, stable streaming, and crystal clear digital vision & sound. That means you can always monitor your sleeping or playing little ones all the time.
Moreover, the infrared night vision automatically adjusts to dim light. So, you can have a clear view even in the dark rooms. It also has an ECO mode that shuts the monitor off (at night, for example) to save battery. It will automatically light up and transmit sound and video signals once the camera detects any sounds.
What’s more, what you must like about this product is its two-way talk-back communication, pre-programmed lullabies, and scheduled alerts that will let you set up diaper changing, medication, and feeding in time.
It has an out-of-range warning, low battery warning, high/low temperature alarm, a sound-activated led indicator that will always keep you aware of your babies’ room and conditions.
- You can move the parent unit with you that enables you to see or talk, hear your babies no matter where you’re in the house.
- The two-way talkback communication system allows you to comfort your babies with your voice.
- 2x Digital Zoom lets you keep a vigilant eye more closely.
- ECO Mode is a convenient feature that lets you control the sound activation level (Low, Medium or High).
- The camera’s power cord is somewhat short. However, an extension cord is helpful to solve the issue.
- 【No WiFi Baby Monitor Keeps 100% Privacy】100% digital wireless secured technology ensures private and secure connection between the camera and the monitor. The 2.4Ghz interference-free signal works in home between rooms and upstairs/downstairs. No WIFI/INTERNET setup required.
- 【TWO CAMERAS HAVE BEEN PAIRED TO MONITOR】Don't bother to move camera to another room when you move baby. Easily SCAN view or press shortcut button to switch views between paired cameras. Monitor can link up to 4 cameras. (Additional camera sold separately)
- 【TWO WAY TALK BACK】: With TALK BACK button, you can talk to your partner or baby when they need you.
- 【LONG BATTERY LIFE】12 hours in Power Saving Mode, 6 hours in continues video on mode. Zoom in for closer views on screen.
- 【RICH FEATURES】Automatic night vision, Baby room temperature monitoring, 5 built-in lullabies, Zoom in and Power saving/Voice activation mode, Multi-Camera Expandability (up to four cameras)
If you are looking for the best baby monitor for twins packed with advanced functions like 360-degree manual rotation and Smart Voice Activation, MoonBaby is worth checking out.
The big, bright LCD monitor has useful features like night vision and a temperature sensor to ensure optimal security and comfort throughout the day.
The device operates on a fully wireless, interference-free 2.4 GHz signal. You can expect to receive lag-free feed from the cameras, even if the baby rooms are upstairs and you’re working downstairs—all these without any internet connection. You can also manually rotate the camera in any direction for a better view.
Even more fascinating is that you can upgrade it as a whole-house monitoring system by adding up to 4 cameras. We also loved how seamlessly one can switch between the two existing cameras.
Another significant addition to the monitor is the Talk-Back feature. It allows you to communicate with your kids with a single press of a button. This will help you soothe your kids without visiting their rooms. Sometimes they wake up at night for no reason, and going to their room might disturb their sleep even more. Come to think of it; it will be a great way to sleep train your twins as well.
The only gripe we have is that the battery doesn’t last as long as advertised, even on the power-saving form. Apart from this, this model easily qualifies as one of the best video baby monitors for twins.
- Includes two cameras that can be switched instantly.
- Night-vision and temperature sensor.
- Has great picture quality, day and night vision.
- Talk-Back feature.
- Operates fully wirelessly within a range of 700 feet.
- It beeps really loudly when the battery is low which may awake your sleepy baby.
- Dect technology guarantees zero interference, clear sound, with indoor range of 150 feet and outdoor range up to 1, 000 feet
- Parent unit is outlet or battery powered (AA batteries not included); with batteries, enjoy cordless use of the parent unit for up to 24 hours
- Five sound activated LED lights show sound Level in baby's room even when the parent unit is muted
- Comes with a nightlight to calm and soothe baby
- Smart Eco mode automatically minimizes transmission power and increases battery Lifetime; the closer the parent unit is to the baby unit, the less power is needed.
Thanks to DECT technology, excellent audio clarity, no interference, and a simple setup are key benefits of this baby audio monitor. We recommend this to parents who want to keep their twins in a single room. To hear them more clearly, consider keeping the cribs closer to each other.
Another feature that makes this monitor stand out is the fully encrypted data transmission data. This way, you don’t have to worry about intruders listening to the audio.
There’s a talk-back feature that helps you soothe your babies when you can’t immediately reach them physically. Babies are extremely sensitive to temperature changes, which is why the temperature sensor on the device will always come in handy.
We also loved that it has a nightlight that is neither too dim nor too dark. This, along with pre-recorded lullabies, will ensure a warm and comforting environment for your kids during bedtime.
- Zero audio interference and clean audio.
- The batteries in the parent unit is impressive can last probably 20 hours before they have to be recharged.
- Easy to link and set up.
- You can’t control the music & night light from the parent unit and the light isn’t very effective as a night light.
- USB CONNECTION - Your smartphone power adaptor and most other adaptors work with TimeFlys baby monitors via the Type C USB cables we supply, which is environment-friendly.
- BOTH PARENT AND BABY UNITS COME WITH BATTERY COMPARTMENTS - Both units’ compartments come with rechargeable functions and both units work with battery and wall power supplying. This is good for outdoor using such as camping.
- TWO WAY TALK & LULLABIES - Parents can talk to and comfort the baby by pressing the talking button. Lull your baby to sleep with a wide option range of up to 8 lullabies!
- NIGHT LIGHT CONTROL - Both parent and baby units can remotely control the night light for the baby anytime needed.
- TEMPERATURE MONITORING & ALARM - The LCD screen of the parent unit indicates the real-time temperature of the baby room. An acoustical warning will sound when the room temperature is past the range 60.8F - 86F.
TimeFlys has all the essential features one looks for in a high-quality audio monitor. Be it nice and clean audio or modern European sandwich design- it scores high in every department.
On the brighter side, the soothing nightlight in the middle of the monitor will help your twins sleep peacefully at night. We know that most babies are scared of sleeping in fully dark rooms. So another thumbs up for this. We also noticed that it comes with a USB connector to allow outdoor use, a minor but important addition.
What further makes it great for outdoor use is its ability to charge a power bank. Suppose you and your friends are out for a picnic and all the kids are playing inside the house. This will be a great way to keep tabs on their activities while you’re chilling with your friends.
Even its indoor use is as good as it gets. The signal rarely gets disrupted by the signal of other electromagnetic devices. There’s a push-to-talk button to help you comfort your babies from another room.
Considering the battery life, 15 hours of backup with one charge is quite a deal for this price range. The sound alerts for the parent console going out of range and low battery just further make your life easier.
- You can control the night light on/off from the parent unit.
- The unit is portable and very lightweight,can be used outdoors.
- 2-way audio for communication with your babies.
- It filters out background noise.
- Reasonable price.
- I didn’t find any major issue.
- [HIGH RESOLUTION AND LARGE SIZE COLOR SCREEN] 4.3 inch TFT-LCD, Quick Video Response, Least Video Latency Between Cameras and Monitor.
- [TWO CAMERAS FOR TWO ROOMS] Monitor is paired with two cameras before it comes to you. Switch to the camera whichever you want. Screen could be set to switch automatically by 10 seconds.
- [LONG RANGE and FINEST TUNED VIDEO] Designed with HIGH SPEED digital wireless technologies with broad bandwidth capacities. Video is transmitted smoothly, low noise image, stable streamed in high frame rate.
- [2-WAY TALK BACK] Talk back from monitor to the camera when the precious needs you. Peace of mind is always with you.
- [RICH FEATURES] * Detect Room Temperature * Auto Night Vision * Zoom In 2X * Power Saving Enabled * Camera is mountable * Expandable up to 4 cameras in total.
If you are still wondering about the best baby monitor for twins within an easily affordable range, here’s another option. The portable TFT-LCD screen displays a crystal-clear image with clean audio, even under low light conditions.
The zooming feature of the display is really powerful, one of the best in our opinion. Using the Scan Cam function lets the monitor automatically switch the two cams every 8 seconds. Convenience at its best.
It uses an advanced 2.4 GHz interference-free tech to ensure superior video quality, data privacy, and lossless data transmission. The coverage of 800 ft. is decent enough for standard-size apartments. Just like all quality baby monitors, this too utilizes 2-way audio for letting you instantly respond to your kids.
However, note that the average battery life of this device is 8 hours which is not a lot. But thankfully, it has a low battery alert, and you can use the monitor even while charging.
- Easy plug and play mechanism, easy-to-use.
- The monitor can switch the cameras automatically in every 8 seconds.
- 2-way audio for communication.
- Clear and detailed video display.
- I wish that it had a splint screen to see both cameras at the same time.
- Battery life could be improved.
Benefit Of Using The Best Baby Monitor For Twins
A baby monitor- Is it “must-have” or “nice to have” on your list?
If you have twins and plan NOT to co-sleep, a baby monitor is one of the “must-have” products. Thanks to modern technology, a baby monitor is much more convenient and feasible, and it makes the lives of every parent so much easier. It helps anxious parents get a better night’s sleep.
However, don’t let this parent’s anxiety go too far. There will come a time when you have to stop using the baby monitor. If you’re not sure when it’s the right time to stop, you can refer to this article.
A Baby Monitor Allows Parents To Monitor Their Baby All The Time
Baby monitors give you the chance to watch your baby’s every movement all the time. They come in handy if you live in a large house, and your baby’s room is some way from your home’s living areas or kitchen. You don’t need to be worried about going to the baby’s room every minute to see them.
A Baby Monitor Ensures Security
One of the biggest advantages of having a baby monitor, especially a video monitor, is the security of your baby both inside and outside of the crib. Some high-end monitors have movement and temperature monitoring systems. Some units also have a night vision feature that helps parents see the baby even in the darkroom. Also, during playing time, your baby tends to try and get out of the crib. They may get hurt. A video monitor helps parents or caregivers be aware of these situations and prevent the incidents so that they are not about to get themselves into trouble.
A Baby Monitor Help Parents To Monitor Baby Closely From Out Of The Home
If you’re not a stay-at-home parent, you can link up to your home Wi-Fi network through the baby monitor having cloud service and sharing. This feature also helps you save the video and watch it later to ensure your little ones get proper caring. You may use this monitor as a security camera if positioned effectively.
A Baby Monitor Helps Parents To Have Eyes Everywhere
Some models have the option to connect multiple cameras. You can’t imagine how useful this feature is if you have twins, they are in separate rooms and need to monitor them at the same time. If you like to build a huge nursery for your babies to roam around, a baby monitor having multiple camera add-on features will make your job easy and effortless. Thus, it’ll help you to manage your children more effectively.
Choose the best baby monitor for multiple children or twins to ensure the most reliable method to monitor your little ones from anywhere anytime.
What To Look While Buying Baby Monitor
Want to know what to look while buying the best baby monitor for twins? Read on to discover the answer!
The essential features that you should consider when comparing baby monitors are listed below:
The baby monitor you’re deciding to buy should have a good quality range so that you can monitor even when at the end of your house. It also must be able to pick up any soft sound.
- Interference And Sensitivity/ DECT Technology
If the baby monitor uses common radio frequencies, it may interfere with nearby devices. However, the baby monitors that use DECT technology offer less interference and ensure the most transparent sound.
- Battery Operation
Go for the battery-operated unit. If the monitor is only run from the mains, it won’t be convenient for you to use in some areas like in the laundry room or garden.
- Rechargeable Batteries
You require to keep the baby monitor almost always on. Do you like to run to the store for batteries every few days? So, pick the model that works with a rechargeable battery.
- Night Vision Video Technology/ Infrared Camera
The infrared camera is essential for monitoring your baby in a dark room. Some models use infra-red technology that adjusts to the room’s darkness and transmits images of your baby.
- Multi-Cam Support
Multiple Kids = Multiple Cameras.
Yes, it’s an essential feature if you’ve twins or multiple kids and keep them in different rooms. Pick the model that lets you connect additional cameras. You can set up the cameras in other rooms to keep better track of what’s going on at every moment.
- Two-way Communication
The two-way communication system allows you to respond to your baby immediately and soothe bub from another room. Remote communication is also possible with the monitors through the network and some apps.
- Other Extra Features
Some baby monitors come with amazing add-ons like nightlight, low battery indicator, room temperature indicator, volume control, SD card slot to record video and sound, lullabies, and much more. These nice-to-haves are indeed lovely to have in a baby monitor.
Install and test the baby monitor before your baby/twins come home.
Our Recommendation & Final Verdict
So, which one is the best monitor among the best for surveilling twins?
We’ve invested significant time and energy into researching and testing the best baby monitor for twins. Though we’ve found any of these choices would be excellent for your little treasurer’s room, our ultimate winner is the Infant Optics DXR-8 with Interchangeable Optical Lens Video Baby Monitor.
But, what makes it the winner?
Well, apart from being the #1 bestseller in baby monitors, it comes with many more useful features, including brilliant video quality, retractable antenna to enhance range, immense battery life, and interchangeable lens capability. One of the unique features of this monitor is its ability to use different lenses (regular, zoom 2x, and wide-angle).
Another great benefit to this baby monitor is the price. You could easily pay two or three times as much for a comparable baby monitor and still not feel the security you’ll experience from this unit.
So, Why Still Confused?
Get The Best One For Your Precious Babies!
You May Also Like: