Admit it, as kids and even adults, we all like to go “wheeeeee” on wheels. Moving like a free spirit, like a rolling stone, has something ecstatic about it. Perhaps that’s why wagons have been so popular among kids and toddlers for generations. Even parents love this transporting gear knowing their children are safely bucked to a place while having the time of their lives.
Versatility is a virtue common to all the wagon made today. Whether you need a contemporary design with tons of bells and whistles or a classic metal box wagon, it all depends on how you intend to use it. Fret not; I’ve done the hard part on you’re your behalf- researching! Below I have listed and reviewed 10 of the best wagons for kids & toddlers. Check them out!
IN A HURRY? HERE’S OUR TOP PICKS…
10 Best Wagons For Kids & Toddler In 2022
- Material Type: Plastic
- A perfect height for little ones to climb in, the kids’ wagon includes safety belts and push-lever wagon door for a safe ride. Buckle up, latch the door, and get going
- Molded-in storage compartments conveniently hold snacks, beverages, sunglasses and more to keep the essentials close for a long ride Need more storage? Open the rear compartment to pack even more.
- Durable Ever tough resin ensures this Wagon will last for years. Designed with convenience in mind, the seats flip up and down to create a flatbed with storage compartment, snack tray, or seat backs For kids.
The perfect red color pulls along the wagon for your multi-functional uses. The red color symbolizes love and passion for kids. Your babies are going to love its ride along with the beauty. It’s one of the best wagons for kids in today’s market for some good reason.
The seats are designed for comfortable seating and shadowed by a shade to protect your kids from sun rays (or if you get stuck in light rain on a walk).
Like all the good wagons in the world, this one is also built to last. Canopy offers the best product when it is for babies. The manufacturer never plays with the emotion of the parents and kiddos.
It is made in the USA, and all the parts are imported. This canopy wagon offers an easy-access door for the kids to get in and out of those latches. The storage capacity is bigger and well designed to carry snacks, toys, and other small items. It also comes with six drink holders, 4 in the wagon and two outside.
You can secure your kids with the included seatbelts and take a ride all around the garden or beach. It is appropriate for use in both weather summer and winter.
Are you thinking about the age requirements for using this wagon? From 5 months to 4 years, babies can easily enjoy its rides.
- Seats are nearly so flat to give a comfortable seating experience.
- The canopy cover is easy to remove.
- Tires don’t create any sound while riding. It gives the best whisper ride that you will ever want.
- You can make it lasts for years and years for its longer durability.
- It is not pricey and everyone can afford it.
- You may face difficulty in putting it together.
- CLASSIC WAGON: the All-Terrain Steel & Wood wagon features an all-steel seamless body and wooden stakes. The extra-long pull handle folds under the wagon for storage
- GREAT FOR GARDENING: transport heavy soil or plants with ease! With a weight capacity of 200 lbs., this wagon can haul it all including gardening supplies, coolers, diaper bags, sports equipment and more
- SPECIFICATIONS: assembled dimensions are 40.5” L x 20.5” W x 37.4” H. Recommended for kids 1 ½+ years. Maximum weight capacity 200 lbs
- 10” ALL-TERRAIN RUBBER AIR TIRES: the rugged all-terrain rubber air tires provide a smooth ride on any terrain. The air tires are 10” in diameter, which make this cart perfect for hauling both toddlers and cargo
It has the most classic look for all-terrain steel and wooden design. The red color classical wagon has 10″ tires for smooth riding performance. Its handle is extra-long and keeps you comfortable while you take it on ride for your kids. But external appearance is not the most important parameter. What genuinely makes this one the best wood wagon is its functionality.
To begin with, the handle of this gorgeous wagon is easily foldable to make more storage capacity. This wagon has a splendid controllable turning radius and prevents tipping.
The steel body construction gives the perfect classical blemishes. The stakes sides are wooden to protect kids from falling out.
The rubber tires move perfectly on terrain, sandy beach, and gritting roads. The wagon isn’t that heavy and can move easily without much force. You can make the ride very easily all-around any road. You can also use this wagon to bring in supplies from your car.
- The body is made of steel.
- The seamless body holds no-scratch edges.
- The handle is larger and you can fold it.
- The turn radius is smoother and easily controllable.
- There is no seatbelt in this wagon and the sides are also not very high so you have to be careful that your child does not climb out.
- Umbrella attaches to wagon to keep kids out of the sun
- Attached cooler can be filled with ice to keep drinks and snacks cold. Comes with seatbelts and drink holders
- Wagon converts to bench for relaxing seating that both children and adults can enjoy
- Removable sides enable you to cart around supplies needed for any yard project; Covered storage area lets you take all those essentials along for the day
- QuietRide wheels for less noise, Wagon handles flip underneath for easy storage and transporation; Made in USA
If you are looking for the best beach wagon to enjoy this summer with your little ones, the following product on my list deserves your attention.
It has versatile functions for the whole family. You can take it anywhere for the family trip, garden, or park. It can easily turn into a bench where you can sit down and rest while your kids play at the playground.
You can also sit beside your children on the bench. There is also have some space underneath the seats for blankets, drinks, snacks, really anything you’d need to store.
The sky color of the wagon is the real attraction for its users. The umbrella attaches to the wagon is helpful for the kids to keep them away from the sunlight.
This wagon comes with seatbelts for ensuring the most secure ride to your baby. On the outside of the wagon, it has two drink holders and an attached cooler to store ice to keep your drinks cool for more time and have side pockets to store little snacks.
- Easy to put together.
- Can hold drinks and snacks for everyone.
- The removable sides enable you to carry any essential products with you without facing any hassle.
- You can sit on this wagon while you’re just tired of roaming around the beach with your kids.
- There is no Velcro strap to wrap the umbrella closed and also no place to store it.
- Some users complain that the front wheels are a little awkward to turn.
- 3 WAGONS IN 1: this collapsible wagon has 3 riding features: hauling, 2 rider seating and bench seating. Easily transform from hauling to bench seating with the zippers on the side of the wagon.
- FOLDS FOR STORAGE: easy one hand fold allows convenient storage. This wagon is portable and can be stored or taken anywhere! Folded wagon dimensions: 7 L x 18.50 W x 32.68 H inches.
- SAFE FOR KIDS: Radio Flyer wagons pass the ASTM-f963-13 toy safety standard. This wagon includes seat belts and a UV protection canopy to protect your little ones from the sun.
- STORAGE CAPACITY: the wagon can haul up to 150 lbs. of kids or cargo! It also includes a rear storage pouch to store the canopy in when not in use and two front cup holders.
- SPECIFICATIONS: Assembled product dimensions: 39.37” x 21.26” x 40.75”. Recommended for kids 1 ½+ years. Maximum weight capacity 150 lbs.
The EZ folding wagon is one of the best folding wagons with a canopy on our list. Its design is unique. You can choose it for its beautiful black, white, and red color blemishes. Your kids will love its outlook while having a ride on it.
Do you have more than one babies?
This wagon is very useful to parents who have two or more babies. The two seat belt for safety also makes this wagon innovative. You can provide the safest ride to your child without worrying much about slipping from the wagon.
The wagon also comes with a canopy that will keep your babies safe from sunlight and even from the rain. The four poles for the canopy can easily go up and down with a button, easy enough to do with one hand. You can also remove the canopy and store it in a back pocket.
This wagon is also easy to fold with just one hand. All you have to do is pull the handle in the middle of the wagon, and you are done.
You can easily transport it with the highest comfortable level. The handle can be held onto the side of the wagon by a little magnet so that it isn’t falling all over the place when you’re not pulling it.
The weight is not heavy and moves with ease. Comfort riding is its ideal quality that you can’t ignore. This wagon also comes with 4 cup holders, two on the inside for babies and two on the outside for adults.
- Weight is lighter than most of the commercial wagons available in the market.
- Easily storable and can ride on any terrain without any hassle.
- Small enough to keep in the car.
- The material is washable.
- The top is easy to take off if you don’t need the shade.
- I wish if this wagon could stand alone when folded.
- LITTLE LEGEND - This little red wagon is built with Little Tikes legendary quality and durability, and is the perfect size for a toddler to pull
- LOAD UP ON FUN - The Lil' Wagon is perfect for taking dolls, stuffed animals, and toys for a ride
- INDOOR/OUTDOOR - Sturdy wheels are gentle on indoor surfaces but rugged enough for outdoor use
- LIGHTWEIGHT & EASY TO STORE - Durable design for extended play, but light enough for an adult to carry. The handle folds flat for easy storage
- STURDY & SAFE - Made of sturdy plastic so will never rust
If you want a small wagon for your kids to pull their toys around in the house or the garden, then Little Tikes Lil’ wagon is perfect. Its body is plastic made. It has the perfect classic red color that never fades away. Any toddler can pull it in the right way.
You can put some toys and funny pieces of stuff in the wagon to play with your baby. It’s not just the compactness and portability that make it the best wagons for kids in the market right now despite its limited size; this wagon boast of a robust build, a simple but classic design, and most of all, flexibility.
It’s suitable for nine months to two years. The handle is perfect for a tiny person to operate, and it can also easily fold into the wagon for storage. The wheels are appropriate for both indoor and outdoor use.
- Easy for kids to pull.
- Small enough to carry everywhere.
- Holds a lot of stuff.
- Won’t require much space of your home.
- Very light in weight.
- The front wheels don’t swivel for turning, but it’s still easy to turn.
- Children ride in two separate wagon cars to provide comfortable first class seating
- Kids or parents can lift up the seat in the front car for storage while riding
- The long wagon handle makes it easy for parents to pull the kids wagon around the park or neighborhood
- Each wagon car has molded-in cup holders, roomy foot wells and seat belts so kids can be secure when riding
- Very durable and each wagon car can hold kids up to 50 lbs (22.68 kg) ; Adult assembly required
Are you looking for the best twins wagon to give your twins a fun ride, that too in their private caboose? Consider checking this one out.
This wagon is fashioned after a tiny toy train. Sounds fascinating, right? The wagon comes with two cars that provide comfortable first-class seating options for both babies.
It also has molded-in cup holders, roomy footwells, and seat belts for a safe ride. The front seat (the red one) has some storage so you can carry all your necessary items into it.
- Separate compartments options for a comfortable ride.
- Very easy to maneuver.
- Easy to put together.
- The handle is weaker and could bends when you try to pull it.
- Multipurpose hand pulled utility vehicle/wagon.
- Foldable steel tube frame.
- Hand washable fabric.
- Cushioned seats and comfortably fits two.
- Easily fold with the steel tube frame.
If you want an everyday use wagon, then Hauck Eco is the ideal one for you. This is one of the best wagons for toddlers for landscaping, camping, or hauling stuff. This wagon is a dream wagon for many users.
It has the superior lightweight feature that many manufacturers fail to offer in their wagons. It also comes with padded seat inserts for two kiddos, so your babies can sit comfortably in the wagon and can enjoy riding around in it.
Its handles are comfortable to hold for longer time. You can enjoy up to a 2-mile walk pulling this all-terrain wagon without getting any pain at hand. You can also fold the wagon with just a few clicks, and after folding, you can carry it anywhere in your car.
The weather shade gives the final touch to its features and is superior to its users. It has rubber wheels which are a big plus that can provide a smooth ride over bumpy surfaces. It also comes with handy brakes on both back wheels, which do a great job holding the wagon in place, even with a heavy load.
- Multi-functional hand-pulled wagon to carry a load of stuff.
- Comfortable and flexible handle grip for longer jaunts.
- Has a pad in the bottom of the wagon. So, the rider won’t feel any pain and gets back support.
- The fabric is hand washable.
- Removable canopy.
- No straps or buckles system for those looking to strap their kids in.
- No cupholders.
Radio Flyer is one of the best all-terrain wagons that you can buy for your kids. This wagon has many unique features that make it different from others wagons.
The wagons in the market today come with padded seat covers and seatbelts that ensure a comfortable ride for both babies. Radio Flyer is no exception. Moreover, the backs of the seat covers have little pockets that you can be used to keep your sunglasses, sunblock, taser, etc.
You can also fold both the seats down and make it a little activity table to use the wagon and a wagon to carry stuff in or give the baby a place to nap.
It has cup holders and a huge storage bag attached to the back so you can fit a lot into it. The canopy cover is also a great idea for protecting the babies from the bright sun or rain. The handle is perfectly placed so your back will not get hurt while pulling the wagon.
- Removable canopy.
- Has 4 cup holders (2 inside and 2 outside).
- Has small extra storage space under the rear seat.
- The interior seats can be completely flat for sleeping or diaper changing.
- The wheels go well on multiple surfaces.
- The canopy is very weak.
- 10” RUBBER TIRES: The rugged rubber tires provide a smooth ride. The tires are 10” in diameter, which make this cart perfect for hauling both toddlers and cargo
- CLASSIC WAGON: The Classic Red Wagon features an all-steel seamless body and undercarriage. The extra-long pull handle folds under the wagon for storage and the controlled turning radius prevents tipping
- GREAT FOR GARDENING: Transport heavy soil or plants with ease! With a weight capacity of 200 lbs., this wagon can haul it all including gardening supplies, coolers, diaper bags, sports equipment and more
- SPECIFICATIONS: Assembled dimensions are 39.5” L x 17.56” W x 14.4” H. Recommended for kids 1 ½+ years. Maximum weight capacity 150 lbs
If you want something simple for your kids, then Radio Flyer Classic Red Wagon will be a perfect choice. The wagon is designed with parents in mind, is well-built, easy to assemble, and you can also use this wagon as a gardening tool to transport anything and everything. In a nutshell, it has all the essential features to qualify it as the best pull along with wagon at this price point.
The wheels are substantial with good rubber tires ( which will minimize the noise factor), and the wagon body is made of durable steel, which means this wagon will last your child through their growing up years and can be passed down to their brothers or sisters and even the next generation.
The Extra-long handle is also great. It can fold under the wagon for easy storage, and it’s built to prevent tipping.
- The wagon is very easy to put together.
- Can be used to carry heavy items.
- Comes with real rubber tires for a quiet ride.
- The only drawback is the wagon’s wheels smell very smoky after unboxing.
- The collapsible push/pull wagon from Creative Outdoor Distributor is built tough. Built with a steel frame and durable denier blend fabric - it can support up to 150 lbs.
- The removable canopy provides shade for your kids or pets while they ride in the cart, protecting them from rain and any harmful UV rays.
- The wagon is designed to be pushed or pulled - the front wheels have a 360-degree swivel. allowing you to maneuver around obstacles. The sturdy construction can take on all terrains - dirt, pavement, grass, or sand.
- This foldable cart is extremely portable - when not in use fold it up and store it in the trunk of your car, closet, or garage. When you need it - pull it out and expand.
- Take to children to the park, head to the local farmers market, work around the garden or yard, tailgating, shopping, music festivals, or trips to the beach - the wagon handles it all.
When you search for the strongest and toughest wagon for longer use, you can try this wagon. It has a suitable collapsible utility that fits in the trunk of any standard car.
Children fall in love with its features and look. From water bottles to badminton, your kids can carry their playing and necessary stuff in it.
The canopy covers the whole vehicle, whereas the other wagon fails to protect from sunlight fully. You don’t even worry about the tipping while you turn the wagon.
Parents who love to go on dirt, sand, street, and beach rides would love it. It has the heavy-duty wheels and tires to endure the toughest terrain. Its patented folding design is super cool.
- You don’t need to set anything after unboxing the packet. Easy to install.
- The handle has a place to snap it in when the wagon needs to unfold and set up.
- The Shade cover is easily removable.
- Can be Store easily in any trunk.
- You may not be able to use this wagon in a smaller place( like a museum).
Why Should You Invest In A Wagon?
Life is easier with the right equipment and gear. You can make your life easier with the right belongings. Buying a wagon is always handy for you and your kids. It’s not only a product for single use. There are so many versatile uses that a wagon has for making your investment-worthy. To carry your babies and other belongings is always easier with the wagon.
I need you to ask yourself a couple of questions before you begin your hunt.
Do you have a garden?
The best thing a gardener can enjoy with a wagon is the best gardening experience. It helps you carry all the gardening tools around the home to the garden.
You can even make a beach tour with the wagon and easily carry all the struggling things. A wagon isn’t only required to carry kids. You can carry your groceries from the store to home easily without much hassle. You don’t need to carry all the things in your arms and make them painful.
For better Exercise
Wagons can be a great source of exercise for your children. While they pull the wagon, most of their muscles keep working. Thus, they will use a lot of energy and experience a night of good sleep.
You don’t need to force them to do exercise ever again!
Your kids have a lot of toys that they scatter around the home. And at the end of the day, it can become a nightmare searching for them.
The solution? They can use the wagon to store their toys. And with a little bit of teaching, it can become a fun activity to collect scattered toys when they are finished playing.
What to look before buying the best wagons for kids?
The old days are gone. You don’t need to go for the wagon made of wood and very much heavy. You can select the appropriate wagon following your standards.
Baby Wagons are available in varieties of collections. You can choose from the higher range to a lower range from quality and price. We will clarify how you will select the best wagon for your kids. Investing in a suitable wagon keeps you relaxed from tedious work. Pulling the wagons isn’t so exciting or enjoyable. Pulling them can make you tiresome terribly. So, you have to know some particular things before you buy a wagon for your kids.
The most important thing you may need to consider is space. Are you looking for a small wagon for storing toys? Or do you want the wagons that ensure ultimate fun and maximum comfort? The storage capacity of your wagon will depend on that.
Most wagons allow for carrying one to five kids. You will need a bigger space for five kids while managing a smaller one for one or two kids. Make sure you pick the well-spacious wagon allowing the number of babies or things you want to carry.
Pushing a wagon is not a pleasant thing to do. You have to put a lot of pressure and be forced to do it. The wagons vary from lightweight to heavier. You can check the weight and comfort level before selecting a wagon for you. The lightweight wagons aren’t always durable for longer use. They may break down easily where heavy wagons may run for longer.
The price is an essential factor. It’s not mandatory to maintain a big commercial budget for buying a wagon. You can get the best-qualified wagon for kids at a minimum price. The higher range of price is not so important here. You can focus on the best quality based on your budget.
Folding VS Non-Folding:
Folding is always better than non-folding wagons in storage, flexibility, durability, and usefulness. Most of its benefits are portable, lighter, and reliable. If you tend to travel to outdoor places or beaches, lakes, etc., you must own a folding wagon.
A folding wagon will help you to carry it easily anywhere with you. It will make your traveling hassle-free and give you comfortable trolling in outdoor places. Like, if you want to transport supplies or kids to gardens, beaches, lakes, etc. You can easily carry a folding wagon in your car, and it doesn’t even take up that much place. Most of the parents don’t prefer non-folding wagons. Non-folding wagons require bigger space. You can’t carry them in your car.
Wagon with or without canopy
Many users disregard the uses of a canopy in a wagon. If you buy a wagon for kids, it’s very important to think about this.
Your kids might be playing in the wagon on sunny days for an extended period. And you don’t want their skin to burn. A wagon with a canopy can be the best solution.
There are two options you can go for:
- Buy a wagon that already has a canopy.
- Buy a universal canopy or umbrella.
The important thing to know here is that metal and wooden carts don’t usually come with canopies. In that case, you can use the Sport-Brella Versa-Brella or any other sort of universal umbrella with your wagon as an alternative. But make sure that it fits your cart.
When you don’t need the canopy, you can always remove it. Radio Flyer Ultimate EZ Folding Wagon is one of the great wagons for kids that offers easy canopy removal.
For saving money, we recommend getting a wagon with a canopy.
While checking the wheels of the wagons, make sure the wheels are wider. The smaller wheels are not capable of roaming over the sandy or rough terrains.
The wheels body is another most important part you need to look for. The wheels’ bodies are made of plastic, steel, or aluminum. Plastics are not that durable compared to steel. In some cases, there are specific kinds of plastics that are tougher. You need to check out the quality of the wheel materials to get the most of a user-friendly experience.
Types of Tires
There’s a lot to look into before buying a wagon because you don’t want to buy a whole lot of them for multiple purposes. Instead, it’s best to go for a wagon that serves in most conditions.
The tires are important too. Because if they are not compatible with the terrains, life will become difficult for you and your kids.
But not to worry. There are tires for all sorts of surfaces. You need to figure out whether it will be used on flat surfaces like pavements, the beach, or all terrains.
For sandy surfaces like the beach, the air tires are the best. Even for camping trips, they offer comfort. But there is a chance of puncture.
There are also full rubber tires that won’t go puncture. But if you use them on the beach, more effort will be needed. These tires are best for flat surfaces.
To turn and maneuver, you need a flexible handle. A bad handle experience can make your whole wagon disaster. The handle must be bigger enough for pulling and turning.
Safety Tips To Consider While Riding Wagon:
Before buying a wagon, you need to ensure your child’s safety. Some of the tips below can help you with that.
- Make sure the wagon has seat belts, so there is less risk of tumbling.
- The edges should be smooth. Some plastic wagons have rough edges that can cause injuries.
- You can also choose wagons with wheel locking devices for extra safety.
- Wagons with bumpers should ensure the safety of your furniture.
Which Kids Wagon Will You Choose?
Looking into all the aspects and advantages, we recommend buying the great, functional, and innovative Step2 All Around Canopy Wagon. This wagon has everything that the best wagon should have. It is versatile, durable, handier, and comfortable. You will get the highest advantages of a wagon that other wagon fails to offer. Your kids are going to love it for its genuine look. The wagon also has a side cooler system and canopy to provide complete relaxation.
In our listing of the best wagons for kids & toddlers, the top 10 wagons are best for their features, pros, and benefits. You have to know what you need and then make the right choice to buy the appropriate one for you.
You May Also Like: