61% Americans worry about their home security cameras being hacked
That’s a concern! But Did you know technologies like FHSS require no internet and Wifi connections to transfer videos and clips?
Enter Non-Wifi baby monitors! These monitors are 100% secure and use the same technology we are talking about—no chance of hacking and breach of privacy.
We researched and reviewed some of the best Non Wifi baby monitors that will help you monitor your baby safely. These lightweight portable devices offer great video and audio quality.
IN A HURRY? HERE’S OUR TOP PICKS…
10 Best Non-WiFi Baby Monitor 2022 Reviews
1. Infant Optics DXR-8 Video Baby Monitor with Interchangeable Optical Lens
- 2018 AWARD WINNER: Popular Mechanics Best Baby Monitor, 9/25/18
- Interchangeable optical lens capability: allows you to customize viewing angle and zoom
- Unlike internet cameras: no loading time to open app. Instant playback, lag-free, and does not hog up your smartphone screen thanks to a dedicated 3.5” screen
- 100% digital privacy: no video or sound passed through the internet
- Remote pan/tilt/zoom
Best for All-around functionality and expandability
Transmission range: 700-ft
Battery life: 8-12 hours
Infant Optics DXR-8 is by far the best baby monitor that doesn’t require wifi. The device is reliable for long-term use, and its functionalities are unmatched compared to monitors at any price range.
The 320×240 display is nothing to brag about. But the details are sharp and crisp even from a 6-ft distance, whether it’s on day mode or night vision mode.
The user interface is simple, reliable, and doesn’t give you headaches with weird button placements. The pan and tilt feature controlled from the monitor helps you gain perfect vision of your baby’s position.
The deal breaker is Infant Optics comes with interchangeable standard and zoom lenses. You can also buy a wide-angle lens separately. But the standard lens is enough for everything.
If you want an upgradable monitor to watch over multiple kids or the future ones coming, this is what you need. You can connect 4 of the Infant Add-on Camera and make the best use of this device.
Additional features like temperature monitoring and two-way talking with the baby make this monitor immensely versatile. The audio quality is absolutely clear.
Just to let you know, the current version is now upgraded with a USB charging capability and doesn’t make the annoying beeps when it loses signal. That’s a relief!
The only issue we found was that the device had some troubles with interference. Solution: Keep your phone and other devices connected to the 2.4GHz wifi a little away from the monitor.
- Power-saver mode increases battery life (hear audio without visuals).
- Connect up to 4 add-on cameras.
- Ability to use standard, zoom lens and aftermarket wide angle lens.
- Doesn’t make beeping noises when signal is weak.
- Crisp and clear audio and video.
- Interference issues with other devices (can be solved).
2. Babysense Video Baby Monitor
Best for Portability and budget-oriented parents
Transmission range: 900 ft
Battery capacity: 8-12 hours
The Babysense is one of the best non-wifi baby monitors in the budget range! It’s a deal-breaker device that has got the right basics needed to monitor babies safely and reliably.
The smallest screen size combined with the insignificant 14.1 oz weight makes this truly portable. The resolution isn’t HD but is enough to figure out the details of your baby’s position and works well even in IR night vision mode. Keep in mind it has a manual pan and tilt function. So, you need to fix the position before returning to your room.
The Eco mode is probably the best feature you can get at such a low price. It lets the monitor turn off and activate when it hears noises or the baby crying. There’s an LED light that flashes to make you alert. It’s a bit bright and can be annoying sometimes.
Additional features like temperature alert and timer for reminding feeding time are much appreciated. You can connect up to 4 cameras on this model, which functions as a twin baby monitor. The only disappointment is the eco mode isn’t available when you have multi-cameras.
Overall, Babysense steals away the show in the market, where good baby monitors range much higher. It has a pretty good range covering 3-4 rooms of distance without issues. Recommended!
- Eco mode alerts you when detects noise (only LED alert).
- 2x digital zoom helps to closely monitor your baby.
- Reliable IR night vision mode.
- Two-way audio plus play lullabies to soothe the young one.
- Eco mode not available in multi-camera setting.
- LED flashing is overly bright.
3. HiPP Baby Monitor
- See Everything in Unmatched Clarity: large 5 inch 720P IPS display gives you a clearer, real-time view of your little one, from delicate movements to the softest breathing, capture every precious moment of your baby’s growth.
- Instant Care: get alerted as long as your baby is crying with audio and visual monitoring, helps you rush into nursery to soothe your newborn instantly. Adjust 7 volume levels to hear your newborn’s breathing or wake you up when you sleep deeply
- Day and Night Companion: keep a close eye on your baby from day to night with 4500mAh rechargeable battery. Lasts for 18hrs in audio only mode, 12hrs with audio and screen on
- See Closer, See Clearer: remotely control camera to zoom in 2X or 4X to take a closer look at the finer details of your sweet heart
- Calm Your Baby Down Remotely: 2 way audio enables you to instantly talk to your older toddler or soothe the fussy baby with your own voice from anywhere in the house with 900ft long and stable wireless transmission
Best for High-Quality video and amazing battery life
Transmission range: 900 ft
Battery capacity: 12-24 hours
With Approx. 12 hours of battery life on display mode, you only need to charge HiPP just once a day. But the real USP of this monitor is its 720p resolution and large screen for superb images.
Getting started is fast and straightforward as it is pre-configured. Just turn the monitor and camera on, and that’s it. It has a monitor-controlled zoom and pan feature that makes your life easier. On top of that, the 2X and 4X zoom features help to watch your baby more closely than ever.
HiPP has a noise alert function that alarms when a noise is made. You set the sensitivity of the noise or turn the sound off to get alerted through the LED light. It has a pretty accurate temperature monitoring function compared to the other models.
You can connect four more cameras to the unit, which works alternately. Additionally, there’s a two-way talkback feature, but it didn’t live to our expectations as the audio quality is pretty poor on both sides.
The higher price range is possible because of the high-quality video and above-average quality of temperature reading. If that’s what you prefer most, then go for it.
- Zoom up to 4X enables close monitoring.
- 720P high quality display to enjoy the details.
- Automatic night vision mode for uncompromised visibility.
- Temperature is comparably more accurate.
- Long battery life.
- Audio quality on the intercom mode is not of the highest quality.
- Green LED lights is annoying as it doesn’t turn off.
4. Eufy Baby Monitor
- Sweet Dreams on the Big Screen: The large 5" 720p video baby monitor display shows a sharp picture with 10 times more detail than ordinary 240p-display baby monitors.
- Ready for Their First Steps: When your baby starts to walk and run around, just attach the included lens to expand the view to 110°. No need to purchase another lens.
- Pan from Pillow to Pinky Toes: Pan the lens 330° to see corner-to-corner and tilt 110° to see floor to ceiling.
- Instant Alerts: Get alerted immediately from the video baby monitor when your baby is crying, even when you're sleeping.
- Be Mobile: The 460 ft - 600 ft range-coverage area allows you to watch your little one rest peacefully in real-time wherever you are in your home. Note: Supports 600 ft max. in an open area. (Note: Does not support micro SD cards and no app is required or supported.)
Best for Undisrupted Connection
Transmission range: 460 ft
Battery capacity:15 hours
Don’t get fooled by the low transmission range on the Eufy baby monitor. You can remain connected from 2 floors away. And it’s the best in the business for a stable and undisrupted connection with little to no interference at all.
Being a 720p monitor, you will get crisp and high-resolution footage. The included lens gives you 110 degrees viewing angle with additional pan and tilt functionalities.
If you are a heavy sleeper, you might fancy the VOX alert feature on this model as the alarm activates when the baby cries. However, it would have been better to activate the audio instead of the alarm. Not a big deal!
We loved the quality of the audio and especially the two-way talk feature. It’s perfectly clear and audible. Eufy displays the current time on the screen, which is handy for parents to stay on track for feeding and diaper changes.
Unlike others, this non-wifi monitor doesn’t make those annoying beeps when the battery ends. For many users, this is a deal-breaker. On top of that, you can add an extra Eufy Add-on Camera to upgrade the system for multiple children.
One of the weak points of this device is that it comes with a corner wall mount. So, it becomes a lot harder to mount on other wall positions.
- Get notified when noise level rises.
- Seamless connection and less interference.
- No beeping when the battery becomes low.
- High-Quality day and night video.
- Corner wall mount limits hangabilty.
5. Anmeate Baby Monitor
- High quality color screen: This unique baby monitor features a High Resolution Display with 2x zoom magnification for comprehensive coverage. The 2.4” screen can deliver streaming live view whenever you check in.
- High definition night vision & temperature monitoring: This baby monitor with camera has 8 infrared LED Lights and could constantly monitor babies’ activities. Other built-in features include automatic night vision and temperature monitoring.
- Two way talking & long transmission range: The video monitor covers a transmission range of up to 960 feet.You could play 4 soothing lullaby songs or use the two-way talk back intercom function to comfort your babies.
- Easy installation & high capacity battery: Simply plug in camera and monitor to use this magic baby monitor! The Li-ion battery is 950mAh and lasts 8 hours in eco mode.
- Wide variety of extra handy features: Our baby monitor with camera and audio also comes with: Eco Mode Voice Activation, Sound Activated LED Indicators, Alarm/Timer Setting, 2x Digital Zoom with Digital Image Pan/Tilt option, Multi-Camera Expandability (up to four cameras), Lullabies, Manual Pan (360 degrees) & Tilt (60 degrees), Auto Scan View, Tabletop or Wall Mounting Options.
Best for High-Quality Night vision functionality on a budget
Transmission range: 960-ft
Battery capacity: 8 hours (in eco-mode)
If you want the best non-wifi baby monitor with clear night vision on a budget, the Anmeate is what you should go for.
With eight infrared LED lights, you can monitor your baby even in the dark. The night vision activates automatically when light is scarce. Add to it 2X zoom for better visibility. Although the camera rotation is manual, it has higher degrees of pan and tilt than most other models.
It has the Eco-mode feature and alerts you via the LED indicators when it detects noise. You can also turn the screen off and remain only on audio mode. Apart from this, talking back and playing lullabies are nice additions.
The monitor is upgradable to use with four extra cameras. This is a cool feature to have at such a price range. However, it has some glitches as it makes a beeping noise when it loses connection.
- Clear auto night vision.
- Get alerted when baby makes noise (LED alert).
- Increased rotation on pan and tilt options.
- Play audio only and keep the video off.
- Makes beeping noise when connection is lost.
6. VTech VM819 Video Baby Monitor
- 💖 Best-in-class Battery Life and Range - With up to 19 hours of video streaming on a single charge, this system lets you monitor your baby throughout the night easily. During the day, this monitor system's dependable long operation range up to 1,000 feet, lets you go about your day and stays connected with your baby from another room or even from the yard.
- 💖Privacy Guaranteed. No Wi-Fi or App Pairing - Trusted by US families for more than 3 decades, each VTech monitor is transmitted via secured internal 2.4GHz channel with FHSS technology, so you can rest assured that you're the only one who can hear and see your baby.
- 💖 2.8" Display Seeing Your Baby in Full Sight Day and Night - The 2.8" display shows your adorable baby's body in full view - no movement is over-sighted. Need more detail? The camera zooms up to 2 times.
- 💖 Soothing Lullabies and 2-Way Talk - Gently lull your baby to sleep with 2 calming melodies and 2 sets of ambient sound. Besides, this system supports 2-way talk back, lets your baby to hear the sound of your voice no matter where you are.
- 💖 Auto-on Screen and Sound Indications - Understand that your rest is as important as your baby's, the monitor's screen can be turn off and the sound be muted to let you the silence needed and to save power. Be rest assured that while it is off, it is still monitoring the baby in the background. When it picks up any sound over your VOX settings, the screen will automatically turn back on. The 3-level sound indicator on the parent unit can let you visually alerted when baby is crying.
Best for Best Budget Buy
Transmission range: 1000-ft
Battery capacity: 19 hours (on video mode)
Vtech is currently the number one bestseller on Amazon. It has the best battery life and the best range for its price.
It comes at a low price range, making it quite affordable and reliable.
The 2.8-inch display at this price is to be expected.
Like all other models, it has a two-way talk function.
The battery life is 19 hours on the video mode. That’s more than enough for most parents.
- Best-in-class Battery Life and Range.
- Soothing Lullabies and 2-Way Talk
- Auto-on Screen and Sound Indications
- Temperature Sensor
- Resolution is low but for the price, its expected.
7. MoonyBaby Baby Monitor
- 【No WiFi Baby Monitor Keeps 100% Privacy】100% digital wireless secured technology ensures private and secure connection between the camera and the monitor. The 2.4Ghz interference-free signal works in home between rooms and upstairs/downstairs. No WIFI/INTERNET setup required.
- 【TWO WAY TALK BACK】With TALK BACK button, you can talk to your partner or baby when they need you.
- 【POWER SAVING/VOX MODE】Voice activation feature allows turning off screen and keeps audio continuously on. Screen is switched on automatically when camera detects baby cry
- 【LONG BATTERY LIFE】12 hours in Power Saving Mode, 6 hours in continues video on mode. Zoom in for closer views on screen.
- 【RICH FEATURES】Automatic night vision, Baby room temperature monitoring, 5 built-in lullabies, Zoom in, Camera wall mount ready, Multi-Camera Expandability (up to four cameras)
Best for: Long range connection
Transmission range: 1000-ft
Battery capacity: 6-8 hours
You’ll love Moonybaby for one big reason- it stays connected for a comparably longer distance. We have other monitors that support the 1000-ft range, but this model is just a bit better. Thus, it’s one of the best non-wifi baby monitors on this list.
The voice-activation mode has better functionality. The screen turns on as soon as it detects sound. The best part is it doesn’t wake up with soft noises and activates only when the baby cries or yells hard.
The video quality is satisfactory with zoom-in and manual rotation functionalities. It has an automatic night vision but with a small flaw. It takes a lot of light to get out of night vision.
Features like Talkback and temperature monitoring are bonuses. Like other models, you can expand the monitor to 4 other cameras. Considering the price and long-range support, it’s a pretty good non-wifi baby monitor to purchase.
- Voice activation mode is well-built and activates with louder noises.
- 360-degree camera rotation (only manually operated).
- Temperature alerts.
- Optimal screen size.
- Requires quite a bit of light to shift from the night vision mode.
8. Goodbaby Baby Monitor
Best for High-quality audio
Transmission range: 960-ft
Battery capacity: 8-12 hours
The Goodbaby monitor has one of the best microphones compared to other models in the review. So, that makes the two-way talk with the baby very precise and clear.
The video quality is crisp, and the colors are just right to understand the details. The automatic night vision mode also brings you a vivid display. So, that’s a plus point.
There’s a vox mode that will alert you when the baby cries. Additionally, the feeding reminder function is always nice to have on a baby monitor. The monitor can connect to 4 other cameras, but we couldn’t find them anywhere online. Contact the seller if you are into that.
The only disappointment we have with the device is it doesn’t have panning or tilting abilities. But the zoom function makes up for that as you can use the arrows on the monitor to move around. You can consider the newer version of the Goodbaby monitor if you want to pan or tilt options.
- Good battery backup and range.
- Advanced microphone provides high quality audio output.
- Small and portable size.
- Clear and vivid night vision.
- Doesn’t pan or tilt
9. Motorola Video Baby Monitor
- Parent unit features large 5” LCD color screen with LED sound level indicator and rechargeable battery with low battery alert
- Room temperature display, two-way communication, 5 soothing lullabies and split-screen viewing (requires additional camera MBP36XLBU, sold separately)
- Portable camera features rechargeable battery with remote pan, tilt and zoom, infrared night vision, high sensitivity microphone, and wireless technology - 2.4 GHz (for Local Viewing)
- Up to 1000ft range with out-of-range alert, expandable up to 4 Cameras (sold separately, model: MBP36XLBU)
- Motorola is America's #1 baby monitor brand in America (2017 revenue data) ; Pan and Tilt function : Tap the up and down buttons to tilt and the left and right buttons to pan
Best for Brand value
Transmission range: 1000-ft
Battery capacity: 3 hours (in video mode)
Motorola is one of the trusted brands in the home equipment niche. Motorola might be right for you if brand value is important for you. What’s great is the addition of a Smart thermometer to this package.
The device has an eco mode that lets you turn off the video but keep the audio running. You can set the time between 5-30 minutes for the monitor to shut off. It has other functionalities like two-way talk, lullabies, and temperature reading.
Overall, the image quality and night vision are satisfactory. The pan or tilt options are amazing in this model, and you can remotely control them.
The Smart Ear Thermometer that comes with it is handy. It has an LCD screen and connects to your smartphone to give you readings.
We expected Motorola to have better battery life. You can gain just 3 hours of operation in the video mode. If you are comfortable using the unit plugged in all the time, then go for it.
- Pans and tilts perfectly.
- Included smart thermometer is of high quality.
- Doesn’t annoy with alarms in the eco mode.
- Large and intuitive screen.
- Battery life is not up to the mark (keep it plugged in).
10. HelloBaby Video Baby Monitor
- 3.2" LCD DISPLAY & 2.4GHz WIRELESS TECHNOLOGY: This video baby monitor is equiped with a 3.2 inch TFT LCD display. Application of frequency hopping and digital encryption technology ensures secure and reliable connection.
- REMOTE PAN TILT and ZOOM: Remote control camera rotate 355° in horizontal and 120° vertical ensuring you always have a clear view of your baby from any angle.
- TWO WAY TALK: The crystal clear two-way audio feature allows conversation both ends as clear as if you were in the same room with your little one.
- SMART FEATURES: Room temperature monitor and alert, night vision, lullaby, sound level LED indicator, audio only mode.
- EASY and CONVENIENT to OPERATE: Setup is extremenly simple just like plug and play. The Parent Unit powered by rechargeable battery gives you full mobility in the house.
Best for Temperature monitoring and alerts
Transmission range: 1,000-ft
Battery capacity: 8 hours
The Hello Baby is another budget-friendly monitor that will get the job done! The temperature sensor is pretty close to accurate and keeps you alert.
It has a Vox mode that saves power and wakes you up when there is noise. For heavy sleepers, this mode is just perfect. Additionally, you can use the talkback feature anywhere within the 1,000-ft range.
The cameras have pan and tilting functionalities with digital zoom. So, it does have everything needed for safe monitoring of your baby. You can add additional Hello baby cameras to take full advantage of the monitor.
However, the real issue is with the battery life. It might not last as long as the manufacturer advertises.
- Two-way talkback is functional at any range within the limits.
- Feeding and temperature alerts.
- Play lullabies and talk to your kid.
- Good transmission range.
- Might not hold charge as long as advertised.
Why Should You Get The Best Non-WiFi Baby Monitor?
When there are loads of crazy hackers and privacy issues out there, you can’t leave your baby to monitor using the wifi/internet. You never know who is peeping at your baby and what disasters await you!
Baby monitors without wifi make your life easier. Let’s find out how-
- Ensures Maximum Security
In this age of the virtual web, you can’t secure your privacy with a 100% surety because most of the things we share through the internet are hackable.
But, most of the reputable best non-WiFi baby monitor manufacturers use the FHSS technology to ensure your maximum privacy protection. With this technology, its frequency hops rapidly and randomly, making it almost impossible for a hacker to hack the system.
2. Offers an Uninterrupted Connection
Baby monitors that connect through WiFi depend on the internet connection at home. The internet connection might be down late at night, but a few moments of missing vision of your baby can frighten you.
But with a non-wifi monitor, you won’t need to worry about the data connection anymore.
That’s why for new moms, or moms with a little child at home, a non-WiFi baby monitor is the best choice.
3. Easy Functioning, Portable, and Simple Setup
Non-WiFi baby monitors need no additional software or cables that make them easy to set up and operate.
Some of these monitors are lightweight and feature long-lasting batteries. So, you can carry it with you when you are traveling somewhere with your baby.
Conclusion & Editor Choice
The baby monitors we reviewed are 100% secured, and they are packed with very handy functionalities. However, the Infant Optics DXR-8 has an edge over the others, and thus it’s the best non-wifi baby monitor on this list.
This particular model can use three different lenses, which we think are unique and helpful. The audio is super clear, and it’s user-friendly. We highly recommend this model because of its reliability to use on a long-term basis and upgradability to 4 cameras; we highly recommend this model.
Models like Babysense and Eufy are also close competitors, and depending on your needs and budget, your decision might vary.