Every kid loves playing with water, especially during the hot weather. If you are not able to invest in a pool or something more expensive for your backyard, then you can keep your baby entertained with the best kid sprinkler.
These sprinkler toys are not only inexpensive; they are also very easy to use. All you have to do is hook the sprinkler to your outdoor garden hose, and you are ready to go.
Kids can play different games through the spraying water to give them a sense of happiness and keep them busy this summer.
Here I reviewed the top 9 best water sprinklers for kids in today’s market that will help you choose the right one for your backyard.
IN A HURRY? HERE’S OUR TOP PICKS…
The Very Best Water Sprinkler For Kids
- OUTDOOR SPRINKLER: This outdoor sprinkler encourages refreshing and active outdoor play and coordination, inspires kids to help care for the garden, and cultivates connection with others
- INSTANT FUN: Attach to any garden hose for instant fun. Adjust the water pressure to make the water spray higher or lower, to extend the outdoor fun for the whole family, while also watering the garden in the cutest possible way
- WHIMSICAL DESIGN: When this beautiful bouquet of pink, fuchsia, and violet flowers is connected to a garden hose, fun will bloom
- GREAT GIFT FOR AGES 3 AND UP: This sprinkler is the perfect gift to keep children cool and entertained for hours. Pair with the Melissa & Doug Blossom Bright Watering Can to help young kids cultivate a joy of gardening and nurturing
- “THE GOLD STANDARD IN CHILDHOOD PLAY”: For more than 30 years, Melissa & Doug has created beautifully designed imagination and creativity sparking products that NBC News called “the gold standard in early childhood play”
The Melissa & Doug Sunny Patch Blossom is a perfect kids sprinkler for your backyard. It’s made out of a soft, slightly bendable rubber. It can attach easily to any ordinary garden hose.
It will entertain your baby by spraying cool water. The water will come up out of the flower blossoms on the top of the toy. The flowers are rigid enough to stay still while the water flows out of them.
If you can’t get the spray higher than 2 feet in the air, I’ve brainstormed a solution for that. All you have to do is hook only one long hose directly into the spigot. And BAM! You can get the water spray almost 5-6 feet high!
I would recommend this product to anyone who has a small baby between the ages of 3 to 4 years, but if you have a kid over the age of 5, this sprinkler may not be exciting enough for him. Because it is not overpowering and won’t spray water all over the place, your kid might feel bored playing with it.
- The sprinkler made of a durable material.
- Sprinklers feature Sunny Patch Friends.
- Easy to connect with any garden hose.
- Easy to set up.
- It may not be perfect for bigger kids to enjoy with the spray.
- Spins and sprays water everywhere!
- Splashes water up to 8 Feet!
- Attatch to any Garden Hose.
- Splashy Stands around 8" Tall.
Fire Hydrant Garden Hose is another great sprinkler for kids. It’s easy to set up and connected with any garden hose. It’s very small in size, just 8 inches tall, but incredibly powerful. So much so that it can water your entire lawn as well.
It can splash water up to 8 feet high in the air. It also spins and sprays the water all over the places, so your kids can stay in one place near it and get drenched or try to run and avoid the water for more fun.
Moreover, this is one of the sturdiest and steadiest sprinklers on this list. It is super easy to set up. The base is well-built. Therefore, you don’t have to stake it into the ground to prevent it from tipping over.
Keep in mind that if you have good water pressure, this fire hydrant water sprinkler will perform better.
- It’s made of durable materials.
- Perfect for 2 to 4 years baby.
- Can be used everywhere.
- It’s easy to store when not in use.
- Spins and sprays water everywhere.
- Its color may fade away after a long exposure to the sunlight.
- MAKE LEARNING A BLAST – Time for a splish-splashin’ bash in SplashEZ’s educational water splash pad! Created by loving parents, with the aim of making learning easy and fun. SplashEZ innovative pool has a learning mat for a base, so your little squirt soaks up some knowledge during play!
- "TAKE A DIP IN ONE COOL POOL – Get relief from the heat with the SplashEZ inflatable pool for children 12 months or older. Cherish the moments as your kiddos splash under the refreshing fountain sprinklers! This summer toy creates oceans of adventures! "
- SPLASH SAFELY – Keep kids cool and safe with SplashEZ’s parent-approved outdoor water toys for toddlers. Fun in the sun… and shade, this shallow wading pool and water sprinkler promises uncompromised quality and is BPA and phthalates free
- LEARNING THROUGH PLAY – We’ve got fun down to a science. Educators, psychologists, and researchers all agree that learning through play is key to a child’s healthy development. SplashEZ gives your baby both learning and play in one incredible pool!
- PROUD AMERICAN COMPANY – As parents, we know nothing comes before the safety of our kids and the quality of their toys! If for any reason your purchase isn’t right for you, then reach out to SplashEZ customer care. We’ll happily make things right!
The SplashEZ is one of the best toddler sprinklers that will aid your child’s early learning and cognitive development through play and fun.
It’s a plastic pool that can be inflated with just water. As you connect the hose to the garden hose, the pool’s rim will fill up, and then the sprinkler will turn on.
There are two versions of it: Deep blue and A-Z. The Deep blue version features an image of the deep ocean, and the A-Z features all alphabets graphically presented. Both are great for enhancing your child’s imagination.
The pool is 60-inch in diameter and is spacious enough for 2-3 kids. But keep in mind extra weight can hamper the pool. So, don’t let your older kids jump on it.
The pool can also be used without the sprinkler. In that case, you will need to fill the rim first and then keep the water flow at the lowest setting.
This splash pad will keep your toddlers cool and entertained if you live in a hot climate. Great value for the money!
- Totally child safe- No BPA and phthalates.
- Spacious and colorful.
- Aids learning and mental development.
- A little bit slippery.
- SPLISH SPLASH: The Splash Patrol's motto is all for one and fun for all! They always work together--especially when they are squirting you with water!
- CONSTRUCTION WITH CHARACTER: This whimsical outdoor sprinkler is made from durable materials and features 12 Splash Patrol characters.
- OUTDOOR EXCITEMENT: This sprinkler promotes outdoor active play and develops coordination.
- GREAT GIFT FOR AGES 3 TO 6: The Melissa & Doug Sunny Patch Splash Patrol Sprinkler Toy is an entertaining gift for kids 3 to 6 years old. Add the Melissa & Doug Grub Scouts Kids' Sprinkler to round out the hands-on, screen-free play experience.
- “THE GOLD STANDARD IN CHILDHOOD PLAY”: For more than 30 years, Melissa & Doug has created beautifully designed imagination- and creativity-sparking products that NBC News called “the gold standard in early childhood play.”
Meet another great sprinkler on our list, Melisa &Doug. This sprinkler is easy to set up and attached to any standard garden hose. The worms are soft plastic, so you don’t have to worry about your kid’s feet if they are accidentally stepped on it or fall on them.
Some parents, especially those of small babies, will appreciate that the rubber worms don’t move or wiggle. This makes it safer for babies as they don’t have to face a sudden blast of water from an unpredictable direction every time.
It has the right amount of water spray, perfect for young kids’ play. It shoots water out of each worm over a few feet high in the air and sprays the water everywhere for a cool and fun time. The water can spray as low or high depending on the force of your water pressure.
- Water streams nicely.
- Durable materials used.
- It is easy to hook up and take off.
- Little worms are made of soft plastic that is safe for the kids.
- The sprinkler is not large enough for older kids.
- Summer gift- Now it's time for outdoor games in the hot summer. Imagine preparing this gift for the children's party. Children are going to love you so much. These Water Play Sprinklers will also reduce the temperature on the trampoline by 25 degrees! Let your children have a great time.
- Easy to install - Ties band to suit any trampoline shell size! It is directly connected to the net. Fully assembled systems take less than fewer minutes to install（ties can be Disassembly and reused）In addition they can be used for many other purposes as well.
- Safe and easy to use - The hose is mounted on the outside of the trampoline net, so your active child doesn't accidentally grab it while jumping; Two kinds of water pipe interface, easy to choose the appropriate interface, and easy to adjust the size of water flow.
- Versatile - Install hose on a trampoline, then connect those to the garden hose, turn on the tap, and let the fun begin. This product can be used not only for a trampoline, but also for garden watering, outdoor cooling, and so on.
- Eliminate your concerns with services in BOBOR - We have a perfect after-sale service system. If there are any quality problems with Trampoline Water Play Sprinklers, please do not hesitate to contact us, we will actively solve them and be responsible for all BOBOR customers.
Let me introduce you to one of the best kid sprinklers that you can find! the Bobor Trampoline Sprinkler.
As you might have already guessed, it’s a sprinkler you can attach with a trampoline and let your kids have the fun of a lifetime.
It will take you just a few minutes to install the sprinkler. Attach the sprinkler hose to your garden hose and use the ties to attach the sprinkler around your trampoline’s net.
If you don’t have an enclosed net, you can also attach it to surrounding trees or walls.
The sprinkler does have a cooling effect when it sprays water. Your kids will love it during the summer. Additionally, you can also adjust the flow of the water. This is needed when you have a toddler inside who might get hurt from heavy water flow.
If you think you have a large trampoline and that the sprinkler might fall short, you need not worry. Get the 39-ft version, and it can cover up almost all trampolines.
- Cools the surface of the trampoline.
- Pipes have ties bands for attaching anywhere.
- Compatible with any trampoline.
- Can adjust the water flow.
- Nothing to mention.
- Giant Unicorn Sprinklers for kids outside --- Big Size Approx. 82.6” X 33.5” X 65” (After inflated from horn to toe)
- Cool Off on Hot Summer Days --- Water spray from the horn from high of the unicorn water sprinkler
- Easy to Use --- Simply Inflate it and connect to all regular sized garden hoses
- 4 Stakes Included --- 1 Stake for each feet. Never worry the wind will blow away the inflatable unicorn sprinklers
- Durable Unicorn Sprinkler for Kids & Adults --- Made of thick quality and tested material. Perfect for outdoor backyard water play, summer party, pool party, unicorn party, etc. Jasonwell products are protected by copyright and patent.
Unicorns are majestic mythical creatures, and children love them a lot. The Jasonwell Unicorn Sprinkler is one of the best sprinklers for kids who fantasize about unicorns.
The unicorn is inflatable, and the design is very simple. Just connect your garden hose to the hose under the tail, and water will spray from the outlet over the horn.
The quality of the plastic in this unicorn is quite good. It’s heavier and thicker than most of the inflatable unicorns in the market.
You can choose between L and XXXL. The L size would be sufficient as it stands over 5ft high and shoots water 7-9ft further.
Inflating this sprinkler takes just a few minutes. The inflation valve is designed to suck up air five times faster. You can buy an air pump separately or use your existing air mattress pump (if you have one).
The coolest thing I found about this unicorn sprinkler is the inclusion of stakes. You get four stakes which you can plant near the edges of the unicorn. So, if you live in a windy area, the unit will remain stable.
- Stakes provided for stability.
- Unicorn has elongated edges for putting the stakes.
- Fast inflation.
- Thick and durable material.
- Need to pump the unicorn every few hours.
- BACKYARD WATER PARK - Turn your backyard into an oasis this summer! Children and kids ages 4+ will enjoy hours of splashing sprinkler fun all while watering the lawn at the same time! This swirling sprinkler allows kids to twirl the toy to give it a super spin water whirl around the yard.
- ENTERTAINS KIDS OF ALL AGES FOR HOURS - The whole family and even the family dog can cool off and enjoy the spinning water sprinkler as the wiggle tubes spray and twirl! Great for gifts, birthday parties or neighborhood gatherings. Throw a great summer backyard water party for the neighborhood with this fun sprinkler for kids.
- EASY TO USE & LIGHTWEIGHT - The Tidal Storm Hydro Twirl water sprinkler is easy to use allowing for longer hours of playtime in the summer heat. Just connect to any standard garden hose. Simply connect the hydro-powered spinning dome to a standard garden hose and let its six Tidal Storm wiggle tubes spin swirling geysers of water high and wide for kids to dodge, dance around, and run through.
- A MUST-HAVE WATER TOY FOR SUMMER! - Don’t miss out with this award-winning summer toy twirling water sprinkler this summer that everyone can enjoy!
Tidal Storm Hydro Swirl Spinning Sprinkler will be an ideal choice for those who want to entertain many kids at once. It is very easy to install, connect to your garden hose, and your kids can play right away.
This colorful sprinkler is a blast with a hydro-powered spinning dome and six wiggle tubes. The center spinning spray shoots water up at least 15 feet, and the radius of the spray from the wiggling tubes is also roughly 15 feet.
The durability of this sprinkler is certainly worth extra brownie points. If you have a naughty pet in your house that is very likely to toss it over, bite it and jump on it, Tidal Storm Hydro could be the best option for you.
- Spray water goes everywhere, just not straight up.
- The spray tubes are strong and quite tall.
- Made of durable material.
- Very easy to use.
- If you don’t have high water pressure then the sprinkler will not spin from the center.
This ball is great. It is colorful, sturdy, and a great size for all ages babies. You can also attach the ball to any garden hose as the ball is big at 88 inches, so more than one baby can play with this. Your baby can also play with it when there is no water hooked to it at all. They can jump on it and roll around on it.
I would strongly advise you to use an air compressor to inflate the ball. Doing it the regular way can take a long time.
Depending on the water pressure, it can spray water all over the place. So your baby will get more fun at their playtime. The massive ball is certainly built to last. Whether you put it on a grass surface or trampoline, irrespective of how much abuse you put it through- it will hold up well.
This ball is also received “the parent’s choice award” by the Parents’ Choice Foundation, proving it is an awesome summer toy for every kid.
- This sprinkler toy would be suitable for younger kids as well as older.
- Children can jump and roll the ball for more fun.
- Easy to attach the ball to any garden hose.
- Need high pressure for spray water in all directions.
Get ready for big fun with this giant whale water sprinkler toy. This incredible sprinkler toy will engage your kids in exciting outdoor games and cool water activities in your backyard and garden.
It is very easy to set up in just three simple steps; all you have to do is hocked the sprinkler toy to a garden hose, let it inflate by itself, and you are ready to go.
This 2 in 1 sprinkler toy can be floated into the swimming pool with your kids. You have to simply fill the whale with air and keep your kids entertained outside all summer long. The best part is that the whale remains inflated for days and even weeks if you want to keep it that way.
There’s a water-weighted sprinkler base that ensures excellent stability and balance, making this sprinkler safe for a younger baby. So you can keep your mind at peace that your children will enjoy safe and carefree play at all times.
- 1-year money back warranty.
- Can be used as a pool float or a beach toy.
- Perfect for young kids (18 months and up).
- Soft & stable for safe play.
- Relatively small number of spray outlets that’s means it will not be enjoyable for older kids to play.
Some Relevant Accessories You Can Buy with a Sprinkler
- Seated spinner can accommodate one or two children
- Water spray from center wheel or outside edge
- Water activation button on center wheel
- Great for indoor or outdoor play
The Little Tikes can transform your home into an amusement park. It’s the best sprinkler toy for hyperactive kids.
Whether you have one or two kids, they can sit on it, spin, and go crazy. While most people use it indoors, you can always attach a hose to it and let them play outside. It’s a real fun booster for your kids.
- Kids can splash the day away with outdoor water table play! The two-tier design of this kids water table provides two levels of water activities and a unique waterfall effect when filled with water.
- Send the swimmers for a deep-sea dive off of the diving board or side flipper, and watch out for the starfish spinner creating a whirlpool in the top activity pool!
- The water table’s spacious design allows multiple kids to play for lots of splish-splash fun together. Attached the included umbrella to keep little ones cool and comfortable during hot, sunny play days!
- Interactive elements like the included figures, diving board, and flipper are designed for small hands to play while challenging their fine motor skills and hand-eye coordination.
- In the box: Two-tier water table, umbrella, 11-piece accessory set.
I wish I could become a kid again because the Spill & Splash reminds me of what I missed in my childhood. But your kids won’t miss the fun.
This outdoor toy will enrich their creativity and let them feel the underwater adventure. With lots of cool stuff like flippers and a water spinner, it will bring joy to your family.
- Fun pirate ship themed outdoor, water play table loaded with spinning features
- Water moves with pump or by pouring water into the crows nest
- Aim and squirt water from the water cannon
- Anchor raises and lowers by cranking the handle
Give your kids the perfect pirate adventure experience with Little Tikes Anchors—water, canons, and anchors; what more do they need for a little fun.
I think it’s the best sprinkler toy for your kids’ mental development and leadership. It replicates a whole crew ship that your kids will love instantly.
- Includes waterslide, 1 mushroom shade, gator, 1 baby duck and 1 fishing bucket
- Landing mat for extra padding
- Water sprayer attaches to garden hose to keep kids cool in the summer
- Capacity is 4. 875in of wall height, 42 gallons total
- Max weight limit: 120lb
Talking about cute toys, I can imagine only about Intex Gator. Toddlers love interacting with the alligator that sprays water. Your kids will remain cool playing and sliding in it for warm summer days.
If you have trouble getting your kids to bathe, let them take the Gator outside. Some kids even beg to play in the pool; how awesome is that.
How Do You Identify The Best Kid Sprinkler?
With so many great kid sprinklers on the market to choose from, how can you pick the best one for your kid? You have to consider many things before buying a kid sprinkler. You should consider these things:
Design and color: It is one of the most important things you should keep in mind while buying a kid sprinkler. As we know, bright colors always attract the kids, so if you choose the design of the product charming and bright, it will catch the eyes of the kids, and they will enjoy playing with it.
Adjustable water height: Some sprinkler allows you to adjust the height of the sprinkler with your hose. So you can keep the pressure of water high for the older baby or can be adjusted a small amount of water for younger toddlers.
Maximum spray capacity: If you have an older baby, then you should choose a sprinkler that sprays the water all over the place. It will add more fun and entertaining.
Safety tips for sprinkler play:
Playing with water outdoors or indoors can call for minor risks. Some of these can help you maintain safety for your kids.
Make sure they don’t get heat burns.
If your kids play outdoor, there’s a good chance they might get heat burns from the sun. Applying Sunscreen can be a good option, but water can wash away easily. Place them near a shed or bring a large umbrella.
Get Sprinklers appropriate for their age.
You might have toddlers and a little older ones. Sprinkler toys for older kids might have higher water pressure and design not suited for toddlers. The best water Sprinkler for kids will let you control the water pressure and often accurately specify the appropriate age criteria.
Maintain water temperature for toddlers
Water either too cool or too warm can be bad for your toddlers. Although, I hardly found any issues with this. But depending on where you live, the water temperature can vary. So, a little precaution will help.
Make sure they don’t slip.
The place where your kids play with the sprinkler will remain wet. You should be careful to see if they are slipping or not. The risk is more when it’s indoor as you might have a smooth floor. Placing on the grassy outdoor spot is useful for avoiding slip and fall.
Some benefits of a kid sprinkler:
Playing in the water is important in children’s development. It provides physical, mental, and social benefits that children may need in the future. Here I discuss some important benefits of the water sprinkler.
Keep kids active: When kids play with the sprinkler, they try to catch water being spewed out of the nozzles and jumping for joy; all these activities help keep kids active all day.
Communication skills: Kids are always excited to share their discoveries and experience with everybody. This excitement will be a confidence booster for kids in the future.
Language development: Kids learn some words related to water play as funnels, moisture, nozzles, hocked, which will increase their vocabulary.
Social development: Water play allows the baby to practice sharing and work together with everyone.
Motivate kids to play outside: Sprinkler toys will motivate your kids to play outside instead of watching TV or playing computer games all day.
Resources: Benefit & safety tips of water play for children.
These are the best kid sprinkler in today’s market. All of these products are outstanding and offer fun to all ages kids. So take your time to plan and decide what type of sprinkler your kid needs.
We believe that Melissa & Doug Blossom Bright Sprinkler is the perfect sprinkler for younger kids in today’s market. It comes with a soft, slightly bendable rubber, so if your kid falls on it, they should not get hurt. They are easy to use and can be attached to any ordinary garden hose. The material is also durable.
For bigger kids, we hope. Little tikes beach ball sprinkler will be the best choice. It shoots out a great amount of water and reaches very far to provide plenty of entertainment for older kids. The spray is not too hard, and it can be adjusted to high or low.
You can go with any of the sprinklers mentioned above and ensure your kid’s enjoyment of this summer.
You may also like: