Baby showers are usually relaxed affairs, loaded with girl talk and advice for the mom-to-be. There will undoubtedly be plenty of photos, so choosing a timeless, classic look that doesn’t stick out or outshine the expectant mom is best. Fortunately, we have plenty of tips to steer you in the right direction so you will be dressed perfectly while showering the guest of honor with love. What to wear to a baby shower.
Light, comfortable layered outfits in soft tones are ideal for wearing to a baby shower. Check the venue and dress appropriately. Also, consider the season. Attire and shoes should allow for ease of movement. Pastels, tones of cream, and cheerful florals work well. Never wear black to a baby shower.
Choosing an appropriate outfit to wear to a baby shower isn’t tricky.
The day belongs to the mom-to-be, so think of yourself as her support team in the exciting journey ahead.
However, there are quite a few dos and don’ts for this event, so let’s get right to them.
What To Wear To A Baby Shower
A baby shower is a special rite of passage for a woman in her journey to motherhood.
It is a happy event filled with optimism for the future, and your choice of attire should reflect the spirit of the occasion.
Clothes for a baby shower are usually more casual than for some other events you receive invitations to, like weddings or christenings.
Since these events also usually include interactive activities, it is important to choose an outfit comfortable enough to allow you to participate in all the fun and games.
When choosing clothes, don’t forget to select appropriate shoes for the venue.
You will need very different shoes for a garden party than a formal restaurant event.
When deciding on an outfit for a baby shower, the venue and the season are things to consider.
If it is an outdoor event, be prepared for the weather to change by taking a light sweater or a scarf wrap.
You won’t enjoy the fun and games if you feel cold, even if you look great.
When choosing what to wear for a baby shower, stick with light color clothes that express warm support and happiness.
Avoid wearing anything with vivid colors or bold patterns that will make you stand out.
Layers are an excellent idea as they are loose and comfortable and convey feminity and softness.
What To Wear To My Baby Shower
Congratulations! You are about to become a mother! And whether it is a first or tenth child, each one is a blessing, and their impending arrival needs to be a time of celebration.
You will undoubtedly be the lady of the hour at your baby shower. Unlike a wedding that can be stressful, the event’s focus is on fun, laughter, and excitement rather than on whether your gown suits you.
An excellent choice for your baby shower is an elegant wrap-around dress.
Focus on the draping fabric and comfort of the outfit. Colors should be light and fresh and can include a lovely feminine floral pattern.
A longer maxi-length dress teamed up with flat, comfortable shoes is a perfect combination for expectant mothers.
These can be dressed up with some bold accessories like a chunky necklace or earrings, but overall, the look should be simple and elegant.
Keep in mind that plenty of photos will be taken at the event, and you are the center of attention.
Wear a pretty outfit that will make you feel special and reflects your personal style.
What To Wear To A Baby Shower As A Guest
It is not usually necessary to buy a new outfit to attend a baby shower.
You have been invited because you are special to the mother-to-be and attending is to give her support and wish her well in welcoming her new baby.
However, you also don’t want to look too casual because it is a special event.
There are a few factors that you need to take note of when selecting an outfit for a baby shower:
- Check the venue and dress appropriately. If it is a country picnic or at home, light color denim with a soft, loose layered top and flat sandals would be fine. However, choosing a dress or skirt would be more appropriate if it is a high tea at a country club.
- Check if there is a dress code. Some baby showers have a theme. Even if you think it is a little silly, be a good sport and go along with things.
- Ask your friends what they are wearing. If you are at a baby shower, you are someone’s squad for a very special event in their life. You want to dress to fit in with the rest of the gang and not outshine the expectant mom, so be guided by each other.
Remember to take along your loveliest smile and warmest wishes for the mom-to-be.
It is a very special event in her journey to parenthood. Be prepared for lots of photos and help to create plenty of special memories that will be treasured for a lifetime.
Can You Wear White To A Baby Shower?
You have probably heard that one should never wear white to a wedding, so you are wondering if the same applies to a baby shower.
Fortunately, the same rule does not apply, and white and other soft tones of cream, gold, and pastels are ideal for wearing to a baby shower.
Although white is perfectly acceptable to wear to a baby shower, it probably isn’t an ideal choice during winter or if it is raining purely for practical reasons.
However, it is easy to team up and layer white garments with other suitable colors.
So long as the overall impression is soft, you can wear white to a baby shower with confidence.
What Not to Wear To A Baby Shower
Dressing appropriately for a baby shower is simple if you know what to avoid. So long as you follow the following four rules of what NOT to wear, you are sure to look perfect, and you can relax and look forward to the special event.
- Avoid wearing black – Black is elegant and versatile and can be teamed up with plenty of other colors to create many looks. However, leave it in the cupboard when choosing an outfit for a baby shower. Black is the color associated with funerals, and this event is the exact opposite. Stick with light, cheerful, colorful garments.
- No sexy outfits – Avoid figure-hugging, low cut, short skirt outfits, and very high heels when attending a baby shower. Besides not being comfortable during activities, it would probably look out of place.
- Don’t outshine the expectant mom – A baby shower is all about the person who is about to become a mother. It is her day, and she is almost certainly going to be wearing a cheerful, loose-fitting dress that is comfortable. Arriving in an overly formal, slinky cocktail outfit may look lovely, but it may not be the best choice.
- Try not to stick out – This does not mean you need to look dull, but there will be loads of group photos taken, and you shouldn’t stand out too much. Excited smiles and baby outfits with soft colored pink and blue balloons and flowers will be the order of the day.
It is best to avoid bright colors that may stick out. Unless it is a themed event, keep your tones soft and muted so that even when you are posing in a group, the overall impression is one of softness.
Baby showers are a time to shower the mom-to-be with love and share her excitement of welcoming a little one to the family.
Take note of the venue, dress code, and expected weather when selecting an outfit. Choose attire that is loose, comfortable, and feminine.